If I Could Tell Him

A/n- this is based off a song I like called If I Could Tell Her, I'll put it in the top so you guys can listen to it.

I was talking to one of my friends, Alphys. We were talking about our crushes, hers being Undyne and mine being Papyrus.

"y'know, it's kinda odd papyrus chose me as his queen." I stated. She looked at me.

"It was obvious he liked you!!" She claimed, I didn't believe her.

"not really, he... was never nice to me before, he just chose me cause he had no one else to chosse, and a king without a queen is considered weak," I explained.

"He thinks you're awesome!" Alphys exclaimed!

"he thinks i'm awesome, papyrus?" I ask doubtingly.

"Definitley!!" Alphys confirms

"how?" I ask.

"He said, there's nothing like your smile, sorta subtle, and perfect, and real!!" She explained.

"He said, you never know how wonderful that smile could make someone feel" she contiuned, I didn't believe her, but I could feel my cheeck bones heat up.

"He knew whenever you get bored you scribbled stars on the cuffs of your sleeves" she pointed out. That is actually true, my jacket has stars on it from me being bored. Papyrus is really obsevent.

"He noticed you still fill out those quizzes that they put in those geeky magizines" she confirmed. Papyrus is really obsevent. Too obsevent. Unless he thought it was cute... he thought it was cute.

"But he kept it all inside his head, what he saw, he kept unsaid. Although he wanted too, he couldn't talk to you, he couldn't find the way" she explained. This kinda actually made since. Sometimes Papyrus would come up too me, fidgeting alot, but then walk away. He was too nervous to tell me how he felt.

"But, he would always say," Alphys contiuned.

"If I could tell him, tell him everything I see, If I could tell him, how he's everything to me, but we're a million world's apart, and I don't know where I would even start," she explained. He said all that? About me? Woah!

"If I could tell him, if I could tell him," Alphys stated. He wanted to talk to me that much?

"did... he say anything else?" I asked shyly.

"Y-yeah! I'm just trying to remember the best ones!!" She stuttered. Wait! He talked that much about me?

"He thought you looked really pretty... wait!! He told me not to tell you that... um... it was really cool when you gave the neighbors a scare" she explaind/stuttered because of the secrect she told me.

"he... did?" I nervously giggled, Alphys did too.

"He wondered how you learned to dance like the rest of the world isn't there" she states. That surprises me, Papyrus is a better dancer than me.

"But he kept it all inside his head, what he saw he left unsaid." She repeated. He must of been really nervous around me then.

"If I could tell him, tell him everything I see, If I could tell him, how he's everything to me, but were a millon world's apart, and I don't know how I would even start" Alphys stated again.

"If I could tell him" she repeats.

"If I could tell him, but what do you do when there's this great divide?" She asks, I think she's refering too the dystopian nature of underfell.

"he just seemed so far away" I explain, meaning, I never felt like I could talk to him, until now, that is.

"What do you do, when the distance is too wide?" She asks. I think she meant how relationship used to be. Honestly, I didn't want to talk to him. One wrong word, I'd be pratically dead.

"How do you say, I love you?" She asks. Honestly saying 'I love you' here would be signing a death warrant.

"I love you" she states again.

"I love you" she says for the final time.

"But were a million worlds apart, and I don't know where I would even start" she explained again.

"If I could tell him, If I could..." she says. Papyrus said that much about me? He loves me that much? Wow!

I smile, blushing, nodd a Alphys, then walk out. If I could tell him, I love him.

~Time Skip~

A few days later, I heard a familiar melody from down the hall. I couldn't remember the name of the song, but I knew I heard it before.

Do do do do do, do If I could tell him do do do do, but were a million worlds apart, do do do do do...

Thats the song! If I could tell him, but who's singing... I opened the door and heard... Papyrus's voice?

"IF I COULD TELL HIM, TELL HIM EVERYTHING I SEE, IF I COULD TELL HIM HOW HE'S EVERYTHING TO ME, BUT, WERE A MILLI-" I interupted him.

"AUGH! SANS DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!!" He commanded. I nodded.

"y'know i'm right here, right?" I asked. He looked at me confused.

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" He explained.

"were not a million worlds apart, i'm here, you're here, so you can tell me anything" I explained. He blushed.

"YOU... HEARD THE SONG?" Papyrus asked, embassased.

"yeah" I smirked. He blushed even more.

"OK, COME HERE" he demanded. I walked up to him.

He got really close to my ear er, where my ear would be.

"I LOVE YOU" he whispered.