one • blood

parties have never been my scene. all the loudness, bodies dancing together, the bitter scent of alcohol filling my nose. i never drank, only smoked cigarettes, despite the cold beer bottle clutched in my hand, water droplets flowing down the bottle, since it was straight out of the cooler. i sighed out of pure boredom and placed my beer bottle on the table my body was lazily leaning against.

my best friend, frankie, was kissing the neck some random dude by the wall, her body pressed up against his. the guy's dark brown hair was pushed back, and his hands were moving down frankie's body, and i almost gagged when he groped her bum. the straights™ back at it again with the pda.

frankie was the only one who knew i was gay. i came out to her after she asked me to homecoming last year. i still remember it clearly. i was driving her home in my old but loved jeep and she asked me. i didn't answer her for the whole ride until we arrived in front of her house. she asked, "did i do something wrong?" and i blurted out, "i'm gay." iconic, honestly.

suddenly, the drunk pair was heading upstairs together, and i just happened to be by the stairs. i knew where this was heading, and no way i was gonna let my friend get raped. they might've both been drunk and out of their heads, but i would protect my friend from getting hurt no matter what the circumstance.

before they were about to pass by me, i grabbed a tight hold on the guy's arm and looked up into his brown eyes.

"you oughta let her go, man," i told him.

he gave me a dirty look and scoffed, ignoring me. "c'mon, florence, let's go to the room."

bastard didn't even know her name.

"frankie, why don't we get going? i'll drive you home," i said to my friend, gesturing my head towards the door out.

frankie only giggled and shook her head, saying some bullshit about how she wants to go upstairs with the guy. calum, i think his name was? like hell she was. frankie told me herself she was planning on staying a virgin until marriage.

when they tried to pass by me again, i blocked their way and the brunette tilted his head down at me, his brown eyes staring daggers into my blue ones. "you better move the hell outta the way, fag," he threatened.

"try me, asshole," i barked back and suddenly felt a rough fist punch into my gut.

calum let go of frankie and attempted to throw a punch at my face, but i caught his hand before he could. i kicked him hard at his crotch and he wrestled me to the ground. everyone in the party turned their heads to watch our fight, and frankie was too drunk to be in shock.

all i could feel was him pinning me down and his punches and kicks. a metal taste in my mouth dripped on the tip of my tongue and i realized it was my blood i was tasting.

"alright, alright, alright!" i heard a yell as two hands tried to pry calum off of me, "break it up, the both of you!"

i tried to sit up and the man who broke up the fight took my hand, helping me stand up. his ginger hair was long-ish and wavy, drooping down slightly as he looked at me. he looked vaguely familiar, and i realized his name was james. "get outta here," he said to me.

the brunette stuck his middle finger at me as i helped frankie up and walked outside with her back to the car, back to safety. as i drove, she looked at me and pouted.

"i'm sorry calum beat you up," she said. "it's my fault."

i shook my head, "don't be sorry."

-

the next day at school, i arrived with a bandage on my ankle, cut lip, black eye, and a bruise on the right side of my jaw. i could practically feel the eyes of all the students staring at me as i limped down the hallway, frankie's hand on my arm, giving me extra assistance to walk. i kept my chin up, trying to walk in confidence as i passed calum and his posse. he was wearing this ripped leather jacket with ripped black jeans to match and his hair was pushed back and gelled. he looked like a damn 80s greaser as always. an asshole johnny travolta.

he might've been a cute asshole, but still an asshole nevertheless.

frankie and i got to my locker when i waved her off, giving her a light, grateful smile. "thanks, frankie. i can handle it from here."

"no problem, luke. call me if you need anything else."

i was taking out my biology textbook when, in my peripheral vision, i saw messy ginger hair. the boy from last night, i remembered. james. i looked to the side at him, and gave him a friendly smile.

"hey, luke," he said, "that was really cool of you, last night."

scoffing, i said, "i got my ass beat."

"you put up a good fight. at least you got your friend outta there before she got raped."

i shrugged, nodding slightly as i took out my notebook, shoving it in my backpack.

the ginger asked, "is she your girlfriend?"

"who, frankie? nah."

james nodded, "we should get coffee or something sometime then. like a date or whatever."

i furrowed my eyebrows, giving him a suspicious look, "i'm... how... do you know..?"

"i have a good gaydar," james said and walked away.

-

i decided to skip english class. i was acing the class anyways, and i read the whole book beforehand. i leaned my back against the red brick wall as cigarette smoke flowed out of my mouth, when i heard footsteps over the crunching leaves. it was calum.

"oh, it's you," he scorned, rolled his eyes and stood next to me, taking the cigarette out of my hand and taking a smoke of it.

i ignored him and took my cigarette back as smoke came out of calum's nose, his head leaning back against the wall and adam's apple bobbing. hot.

the cigarette hung out of my mouth as i glanced to the side at calum's profile, moving my head back before he could see me staring. he looked back though, making me look back at him as well. his eyes gazed down to my lips.

he mumbled, "your lip is bleeding."

i raised an eyebrow at him and leaned my hand up to my mouth, trying to wipe the blood off. when i looked down at my hand expecting to see blood, i saw none.

"no it's... you missed," he said as i had a confused look on my face.

calum stood up straight from the wall and so did i, his body close against mine as he murmured, "i'll get it." his thumb brushed over my bottom lip, a bit of my blood on his hand. i felt his hand cup my cheek and all of a sudden, he looked into my eyes and it's like we just knew. the sexual tension? he might've been an asshole but holy shit.
we both caught on the when i was taking my shirt off and he was taking his leather jacket off until we were shirtless and i pinned him against the wall. he happily let me, a half grin smirk on his face as he let me take control. my lips suck and bite against his neck as a moan escaped his lips.

a/n
usually you'd expect the popular one in leather to be a top, but y'all know calum's a small boy so i made him bottom and luke top.
things i did: that 😤😤😩🔥💯