TWO

Chapter TWO

ROCK BOTTOM

I thought my life couldn't get worse than it already was, but I seem to be jinxing myself proving my thoughts wrong time and time again. It was as if everything was moving in slow motion, I barely had time to react to the current situation at hand. This was when I knew I had finally hit rock bottom.

Everyone I love is dead, everything I have ever known is dead, all hope has been lost. Kingsman has taken its last breath. 

If it wasn't for the fact that Roxy had practically begged me to go and get her some takeout, to 'fill her womanly cravings' i would have been dead. Just like everyone else. I should be thanking her 'womanly cravings' because they saved my life, but honestly, I don't feel lucky at all. How did this happen?! How did a missile attack every kingsman residence? Including my home.

I can't let my guard down, I can't cry. It goes against everything I stand for, I must keep my head held high and remember my training. 

Think, think, think Melody Knight! your an agent for Christ sake! THINK of something my thoughts internally screamed. You cant just sit here for---

Wait a second...

Wasn't Eggsy with Tilde having a 'Royalty Dinner Date' with her parents. That means Eggsy wasn't home......He might still be alive.

Even though it's pouring down with rain I don't care, I run as fast as I can to Eggsy's house. Wishing, praying, hoping that the doubt building up inside me is proven wrong. What I see crushes me, staring at what's left of his house causes a wave of nausea to rush through me. The rugged landscape haunting my mind as I think of my fallen friend.

That feeling soon leaves my chest as I see Eggsy and Merlin emerge from different sides of the rubble. 

"Boy am I glad to see you guys!" I shout, running over to them making my appearance known. 

"Melody?!" Eggsy and Merlin ask in sync.

"How are you still alive, I thought the missile would've have gotten you, unless........" Eggsy's ponders

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" I yell at my best friend. "You're going to accuse me of this? Your not the only one that has lost everything! Roxy was like my sister, I would never do something like this to her." 

"Sorry, I know how close you guys were. I'm just so overrun with emotions right now its hard to think straight." Eggsy tells me apologetically.

"We can't let our emotions get the best of us, its time to follow the doomsday protocol." Merlin informs us.

"The what?!" 

...

A/N: PT 2 bitchesssss haha 

Thanks for reading as always x

VOTE | COMMENT | FOLLOW