SIX

Chapter SIX

MEETINGS  & GREETINGS

"My apologies boys and girl" He looks over to me, "I hope there ain't no hard feelings, I was just doing my job." He shrugs. "Welcome to Statesmen, Independent Intelligence Agency, just like y'all I reckon, but our founders went into the booze business, thank the sweet lord above."

"This is Gingerale, shes our strategy executive." He introduced the woman.

"Hello, and were very sorry

"Hello, and were very sorry." She stated.

"And I'm Agent Tequila." He looked over at me with a small smile.

Finally, I can match a name with his face

Finally, I can match a name with his face. But I felt like giggling, all their names are literal alcoholic beverages. Can you imagine if our agency did the same? I might've been Agent Umbrella or Trenchcoat or something stupid like that. 

I looked over at the girl known as Ginger Ale and the boy known as Tequila, with a nod of my head I had the impression that we'd be going on a long journey together, "Nice Meeting you both."

Eggsy had a different approach as demanded to be untied. The woman instantly rushed over to our sides to quickly free us from our restraints. As soon as we were free Merlin and Eggsy rushed to the room next door, I slowly trailed behind, worried sick for what I would find. Harry had once told me that I had a sixth sense for predicting when something was wrong, I just had this unsettling feeling in my stomach. Just like the saying goes, if it seems too good to be true, it often is. There has to be a downside to this and I just wasn't prepared to find out what exactly.

Before I could open the door to see the man who taught me everything I know, I feel someone gently grab me from behind. My eyes meet with Tequila's and he asked me the question that I was most afraid of. 

"Are you ok?"

I didn't know what to say to be honest because the truth is ... I wasn't ok. Eggsy and Merlin seem completely fine with everything that has happened, all that we've lost. I'm not perfect like the rest, I put up these walls to help me sleep at night, but I know these walls are crumbling down. I try to maintain a sarcastic image, but it's all just a cover to hide my true feelings inside. I know I have two wonderful friends who I would die for, but I feel completely and utterly alone. No one understands these feelings and they never would. So, I tell tequila the greatest lie to mankind.

"I'm fine." I look down away from his concerning gaze and open the door to Harry's room. But I can see it in his eyes, the way he's looking at me, he can tell I'm lying. That I'm just covering up my feelings and burying them deep down in a black void, where I never want to re-visit. 

----

Looking back at it now, I was devastated. I walked into the room and found out Harry didn't remember me. Everything we've accomplished, everything he's taught me, it was all just a ........memory that I only knew of.  I blinked back the tears as I stared through the two-way mirror, he was innocently reading a book, while I was on the verge of having a meltdown in-front of these new found friends. I mourned him like a father, our hearts had been broken when we found out Valentine had struck him down.  Looking at him like this.....so blind to the real world it's heart-rending. 

Eggsy trudged through the door a look of disappointment caressed his features, I can't imagine what Eggsy's feeling right now. Harry was like the father he never had, he idolized him. I saw this coming, I knew something was off, I just didn't want to believe it. He then ran up to Tequila in a fit.

"What did you do to him!" Eggsy yelled in their faces. But before they could reply, I pulled Eggsy away. "Cant you see?! Harry got shot and now he's alive and healthy.........well almost. But it seems to me that they have done nothing but help him, at least show some gratitude." I whispered but it seems the whole room heard me. I could see a flash of pride form across Tequila when he saw the way I talked about his agency. 

Ginger Ale then spoke up. "Thank you, the girl is right. We've done nothing, only try to help him. He's got retrograde amnesia. Now we knew from his eyeglasses that he was intelligence but we didn't know whos."

"How did he get here?" Merlin asked the question we were all thinking about.

"It was One year ago when we saw that there was a crazy spike of extremely low frequencies waves. So we took a helicopter to investigate and we found your agent on the ground with a severe bullet wound in front of an old church. We got our special Alpha-Gel and began the healing process." Ginger Ale kindly informed us.

"Alpha Gel?" I piped up

"Yes, we developed our Alpha Gel technology for our own agents. In the event of a head shot, the gel protects the brain than in the lab we use nanites - microbots to repair tissue damage."

"Impressive." I complimented 

"Thanks but there are side effects; partial amnesia, regression to the younger self. With no idea who he was, there was nothing we could do. But now you guys are here there's a good chance we can bring him back."

 Eggsy and Merlin both looked over to the mirror to see their best friend obliviously looking around, without a clue to who he really was.

---

A/N

Hey guys, I'm back from my holiday!! Sorry, it took longer than expected but forewarning you updates will be slower maybe once a week seeing as I'm back at school now. Just lovely :( . Thanks for being patient! and ill see ya'll next week. Hope you enjoyed.

juliette x

VOTE & COMMENT