Prologue

(Mandy's POV)

Chris was absent from dinner. Reilly ran around chasing his three year old brother and sister. "Reilly! Come sit down! I'll get Paul and Kyler bud." The six year old boy sat down at the table. "Thank you."

"You're welcome Mama." I kissed his head and wrangled up the twins, taking them, one in each arm. I kissed their heads, covered with black curls.

Kyler's hair fell to her waist already, but she wouldn't let anyone cut it. I laughed, knowing she was always going to have longer hair than me.

Once I put the kids in their high chairs, I put their dinner on their trays, then gave Reilly his dinner, getting mine last. "Mommy, when are we gonna see Bella and Emma again?" Reilly asked.

"I think Christmas." I answered, not really knowing. "And of course your nephew will be there."

(10:30 PM)

I was laying on the couch, too tired to move when I heard Chris walk through the door. He flipped on the light, causing me to groan. "Hey there hon. You okay?" He asked, picking me up off the sofa and carrying me to bed.

"I'm so tired but I missed you and wanted to see you tonight...I miss seeing you all the time." I whined.

"Awe, baby. I miss seeing you all the time too." He set me down on the bed, tucking me in before changing. Once he got in bed, I turned to face him.

I coaxed his lips to mine and kissed him passionately. He pulled me closer by my waist with one arm. We deepened the kiss, my tongue sliding into his mouth. I knew he wanted to go farther but I was so damned tired. Though at the same time, I wanted to feel physically closer to him. So I kept going. I let myself go to the point of sex.

~~~

"Mandy?" Chris asked. I opened my eyes, seeing the clock read 1:30 AM.

"I'm sleeping." I said, closing.

"Mandy, baby, we need to talk. Before the kids wake up."

"Can't it wait until five?" I asked.

"I wish it could, but baby, we need to talk now." I turned to face my husband.

"What?" I was slightly annoyed that he had woken me just to talk.

"I was thinking, now tell me if you think otherwise, but Lin and Karen said that they would gladly take the kids for a weekend so we could have a weekend together, just the two of us. What do you say? This weekend?"

"I say, it could have waited until five." Chris put his hand on my cheek, rubbing his thumb across my skin gently.

"Baby, tomorrow is Friday. We have to tell them soon."

"Then okay. Let's do it. A full weekend, kid free!"

I can't remember what happened next but somethings are better left forgotten.

***Author's Note***

The prologue is kinda cute. Chris waking up Mandy is like me with friends at sleepovers. It's great. It's cool, it's cool, hey if you want to. You don't mind? It's fine, I'm fine. Yo, Yo. Who's Vanessa talking to? Some dude. Some dude? That's messed up, she's trying to make you jealous. Jealous? I ain't jealous. I can take all these fellas, whatever.

...I'm sorry...

Be fearless!

Sincerely,
The Author (Ryeli)