Fourteen (Freedom)

(Emmaline's POV)

I smiled as I realized that my period was finally over! As I jumped around, I felt eyes on me. Turning, I saw Bella, watching me act like a child. "Freedom!"

"What?" Bella asked, laughing.

"I'M DONE WITH MY PERIOD!" I shouted. Bella laughed, walking to me.

"Yay! Freedom from your duel. At least you two worked out."

"Most disputes die and no one shoots!" I sang. Bella laughed and grabbed my hands in hers. I smiled at her like an idiot.

Bella had that effect on me. She could make me feel like nothing else in the world exists. Like the world is just her and I. "We have that dinner date with my parents, Em." Bella said suddenly.

"When is that? I totally forgot."

"Fuck, 45 minutes. It's a really fancy place."

"Well fuck." I replied, rushing to get dressed.

~~~

When we reached the restaurant, Mandy and Chris smiled. "Hey girls, you both look stunning." Chris said. He kissed Bella's head, hugging her gently.

"Thanks Dad." Bella said as they broke apart. She then hugged Mandy as Chris hugged me.

"So, Mom, Dad, what did you guys want to tell us?" Bella asked.

"Well...you know we adopted Freya. Right?"

"Yeah." Bella spoke cautiously.

"And you remember what therapy was like, right?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"We think Freya has OCD. She doesn't want to go to therapy. Could you talk to her about your experience in therapy?"

"Yeah. Why would that even be a question? Mom, she's my sister! Of course I'll talk to her. I want to help her."

"Thank you. This is really...thank you. Just thank you."

"You're welcome Mom."

The waiter came over to us then. "Can I interest you in some champagne?" The four of us all shared a look before all saying yes.

"And do you two have your IDs on you?"

"Is labor and delivery not enough for you? She's 21. As is her wife."

"Okay." The waiter poured us all glasses of champagne.

"Raise a glass to freedom." I say, raising my glass.

"Something you will never see again, no matter what she tells you." Mandy and Bella say.

"Raise a glass to the four of us." Chris starts. "To the newly not poor of us!"

"We'll tell the story of tonight." All four of us say, earning glances from others eating. We clink glasses and take sips of the bubbly liquid.

"This is what happens when you all are, or were, in the same musical." I informed, smiling happily at my dinner companions. It earned a chorus of 'true'.

Soon, the waiter was back. He gave us more champagne, took our orders and disappeared into the kitchen. I smiled and took Bella's hand in mine, rubbing my thumb over her knuckles.

"You two excited for your baby?" Chris asked.

"Very. Just three more weeks until she's due." Bella said, smiling at me. "I can't wait. And Mom, we were hoping we could name the baby after you." Mandy's hands flew over her mouth.