Five (Broken And Fixed)

(Isabella's POV)

Dad ran into the waiting area. I stood, flinging myself into his arms. The whole ordeal terrified me. I was so shaken up by what happened. Emma stayed by Joey. "What happened baby?" Dad asked me. I just shook my head, sobbing.

"Someone broke in. He hurt Joey. It was terrifying to all of us." Emma said. "He claimed to be Joey's birth father. Said that it was Joey's fault his birth mom died."

"Joey Jackson-Gonzalez?" I lifted Joey, carrying him to the room. "Where does it hurt?"

"My arm. My whole arm hurts!" Joey cried.

~~~

Joey had a bright green cast on his arm. It went from his elbow to his hand. I frowned, angry. I was angry that somebody had hurt my son, breaking his arm in three places. Angry that I never did anything to help. "Mommy, I want food. I'm hungry."

"What do you want?"

"I want French fries and chicken nuggets! And a milkshake!"

"So McDonald's." I laughed. Joey nodded happily, like nothing bad had happened just over an hour before. I watched as my dad pulled out his phone.

"Hey Mandy, get Freya ready to go to McDonald's...no, nothing too bad. He broke his arm in three places. Yeah he's really not too shaken up, or so it seems. Okay...yeah. See you in a few moments."

~~~

We sat in the fast food restaurant, eating chicken nuggets, french fries and drinking milkshakes. Then Mom and a purple haired girl walked in. I waved them over. "Hey Mom!" I said, hugging her. "Who's this?"

"Bella, this is your foster sister, Freya." At that, my mouth dropped. I smiled.

"I need to take you shopping! You're my sister now! Em, we can take Joey to get some toys, I know Christmas is like, less than a week away, but just, let's do it!"

"Yeah! Okay!"

"Mom, is it okay?"

"Of course!"

"Great!"

~~~

At the mall, I brought Freya to a makeup store. She jumped around, looking at all the dark colored makeups. "I want dark lipsticks! Black and green! Dark reds! All the colors in between!" She laughed.

"Okay! Let's do this!" I said, dragging her to the lipstick isle. I found her black lipstick. Purples and greens. Dark reds and browns. Mattes and glosses. I found her a couple bright colors, pinks and reds.

I didn't get why she refused to take the pinks or bright reds. "No!" She said, putting them back.

"They'd look good on you though." I spoke softly.

"NO!" She shouted, earning glances from other shoppers. I placed my hands on her shoulders.

"What's going on?" I asked her lightly. "I'm just giving you suggestions."

"I don't do bright colors. Haven't you ever gone through the 'dark' stage." I shook my head.

"The darkest I ever went was mental. I used to cut. Because things went so far south. I was stabbed, I was hit by a car, I came out. I wanted to die sometimes. But it never happened. I tried. It never worked. Then, I got married, adopted my son and now, I'm happier than I've ever been. You can be too. Just let me help you. Please."

"Are you sure you can help me?"

"Of course I can. I may not be a foster kid, but I know that I can help you. Please, just let me try. Just let me try."

"I guess..." Freya said quickly. "I guess you can try."

"Thank you. Now to start, bright lipsticks." I laughed. She laughed too. I wrapped an arm around my new sister and walked her to the highlight and contour section. I grabbed three different highlights and then grabbed a contour kit that looked like it would work for her skin tone. Next we grabbed concealer and foundation.

I was pleased with my work and led her to a hairdresser. "Get your hair done cute. I'm taking you to get a makeover. My wife and I have a premiere to go to. She has her plus one and I do not. Well, I do now."

"You're gonna take me to a premiere?! Of what?"

"I couldn't not take you to Lin-Manuel Miranda's sequel to In The Heights! My parents are both in it!"

"What's it called though?"

"In The Heights 2. What else is it supposed to be called?"

"I don't know."

(At the premiere/opening night)

The three of us (Emma, Freya and I) walk outside, our pictures being taken. "Bella! Who is this girl?" Someone asked.

"This is my foster sister, Freya."

"Well, she's gorgeous. She looks great!"

"Thank you!" Freya said, her black lips forming a smile, her purple hair straying into her face.

"Of course!"

***Author's Note***

I'll post their outfits and makeup looks on my Instagram account ryeli._66.

Be fearless!

Sincerely,
The Author (Ryeli)