Seven (Stay With Me)

(Emmaline's POV)

"Bella, we have to get to work!" I said. She sighed. Joey ran past me then and I smacked his butt in a motherly manner. He looked at me with such a look of surprise that made me laugh.

"Mama, it's not funny!" He said, frowning. I ceased my laughter and pulled myself together.

"I'm sorry babe. Let's go. You have a play date with Reilly today! Vamos, vamos, vamos!" I pulled him to the car, driving him to Mandy's. I smiled as he saw Reilly.

"My nephew!" Reilly shouted.

"UNCLE REILLY!" Joey screeched, running to his uncle.

"Oh no, it's Tío Reilly!"

"Oh, okay, Tío Reilly." My son laughed. I smiled, kissed my son's head, bidding him goodbye, leaving to pick up my wife.

I drove, singing along to the radio. But I decided to put in a CD, Chris's CD. I put on One More Day. After that, I changed it to Stay With Me by Sam Smith through my phone as I got Bella into the car.

"Guess it's true, I'm not good at a one-night stand. But I still need love 'cause I'm just human. These nights never seem to go to plan. I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?"

I took her hand, rubbing circles into it softly.

"Oh, won't you stay with me? 'Cause you're all I need. This ain't love, it's clear to see. But, darling, stay with me."

Bella smiled at me softly, kissing my cheek gently.

"Why am I so emotional? No, it's not a good look, gain some self-control. And deep down I know this never works. But you can lay with me so it doesn't hurt."

I laughed quietly as Bella mouthed along to the song. It was quite adorable and funny.

"Oh, won't you stay with me? 'Cause you're all I need. This ain't love, it's clear to see. But, darling, stay with me."

I watched as her smile grew, handing me the invisible microphone. I accepted it gratefully as we got stopped by a red light.

"Oh, won't you stay with me? 'Cause you're all I need. This ain't love, it's clear to see. But, darling, stay with me."

Bella smiled as we both lip synced together.

"Oh, won't you stay with me? 'Cause you're all I need. This ain't love, it's clear to see. But, darling, stay with me."

Bella took my phone, putting on Teenage Dream by Katy Perry.

"You think I'm pretty without any make-up on. You think I'm funny when I tell the punchline wrong. I know you get me. So I let my walls come down, down."

Bella smiled as I flipped my hair over my shoulder.

"Before you met me, I was alright. But things were kinda heavy. You brought me to life. Now every February you'll be my Valentine, Valentine."

Bella made a heart with her hands. I smiled at her lovingly.

"Let's go all the way tonight. No regrets, just love. We can dance until we die. You and I, we'll be young forever."

I tickled Bella's side.

"You make me feel like I'm livin' a teenage dream. The way you turn me on. I can't sleep. Let's run away and don't ever look back, don't ever look back."

Nothing. We just listened for a moment.

"My heart stops when you look at me. Just one touch. Now, baby, I believe this is real. So take a chance and don't ever look back, don't ever look back."

Bella kissed my cheek again, laughing.

"We drove to Cali and got drunk on the beach. Got a motel. And built a fort out of sheets. I finally found you. My missing puzzle piece. I'm complete.

"Let's go all the way tonight. No regrets, just love. We can dance until we die. You and I, we'll be young forever."

My phone buzzed but I shook my head so we could just keep singing.

"You make me feel like I'm livin' a teenage dream. The way you turn me on. I can't sleep. Let's run away and don't ever look back, don't ever look back."

Bella did her signature hair whip from her seat.

"My heart stops when you look at me. Just one touch. Now, baby, I believe this is real. So take a chance and don't ever look back, don't ever look back."

I laughed hysterically as I drove. Probably not the safest.

"I'mma get your heart racing. In my skin-tight jeans. Be your teenage dream tonight. Let you put your hands on me. In my skin-tight jeans. Be your teenage dream tonight."

I used my fist as a microphone.

"You make me feel like I'm livin' a teenage dream. The way you turn me on. I can't sleep. Let's run away and don't ever look back, don't ever look back, no."

We stopped fooling around, driving normally again.

"My heart stops when you look at me. Just one touch. Now, baby, I believe this is real. So take a chance and don't ever look back. Don't ever look back."

I kissed her cheek.

"I'mma get your heart racing. In my skin-tight jeans. Be your teenage dream tonight. Let you put your hands on me. In my skin-tight jeans. Be your teenage dream tonight."

The song ended as I pulled into the theater parking lot, switching off the car.

"Best car ride ever."

***Author's Note***

How flipping cute was this chapter?

Be fearless!

Sincerely,
The Author (Ryeli)