TwEnTy; ReAl LiFe

MELANIE

I checked myself in the mirror for the 10th time tonight, wondering if he would think I looked stupid or worse in real life.

I groaned as I threw myself on my bed.Right when I hit the matress, a ding came from my phone.I instatly ran to it.

singer boi🎤💛
i honestly can't wait to see
what your smile looks like
in person and how it feels 
like to hold you in my arms :)

I smiled at the text, blushing while i typed back a bunch of red hearts.

"what are you smiling at?"i heard my mom say from the door.I shot my head up to her direction and threw my phone across the room.

"nothing"i say, shooting her a fake smile.

"mel"she says sitting on the edge of my bed.

i don't have time for a lecture, I thought.

"i know where you're going, Liz spilled everything downstairs"she says, sounding disappointed."You've been texting a stranger Mel!"

"God knows if he even is the person he says he is!"she scoffs.

"we've face timed"i lie."and plus he's just a friend"

"i want you home at 10 sharp"she points a finger.I nod as I roll my eyes.

"Go"she says nodding her head in the direction of my bedroom door.I smile wide as I run to my phone, grab my coat and purse and burst out the door.

"Liz!BAMONOS!"I yell as I open the front door.She squeals as she follows behind me.

"Did you order the uber"i ask her.

"mhm"she says typing away on her phone.

"are we texting Daniel?"i ask.She looks at me and smiles.As the uber pulled up I began to realize that I'm actually gonna meet him.

We got into the car and smiled at each other.

I've never seen Liz this happy.

***

"Thank you"I say as we get out of the car and stand outside TD Garden.

"ready?"Liz asks me.

"no"i say sarcastically.She laughs at me as we enter the big building.

Before entering the arena, we decided to stay outside and sit on a bench to process everything.I felt my phone buzz.

singer boi🎤💛
i'm waiting on a bench

with Daniel.Tell me when 
you're here!xx

My eyes widen at the text."liz"i say.

She looks at me with wide eyes as well.

"You got the text too?"she asks.I nod my head fast as we both begin to laugh.

"no dude, I told her we would wait on the benches"i hear a voice say.I look away from Liz and see him.

He was standing there looking down at his phone leaning against the wall.I felt my cheeks begin to burn up.I look next to him and see Daniel.I turn my head to Liz, but she's gone.I look back to the boys and see her in Daniel's arms.I laugh.I began to look for Jack, but he wasn't anywhere.

"looking for me pretty lady"i hear him say from behind me.I flinch as I turn my head and my eyes meet his.

"maybe"i shrugg.He laughs as he hops over the bench and stands infront of me.

"i think you owe me something"he says.

"oh yea, and that is?"

"this"he says as he pulls my arm and engulfs me into the warmest hug I have ever been in

"I've always wondered what it felt like to be in your arms"i admit into his shoulder.

"maybe you can be in them more often"he says pulling away.

"what?"

"Mel, I really like you.I understand we just met, not even, but i wanted to ask you to be my girlfriend in person."he says looking down.He then locks eyes with me as I'm in shock."will You Melanie Mendez, be my girlfriend?"

I was in shock.I didn't know how to react.

"yes"i breath out."yes!yes!yes!"

He laughs as he hugs me again, but quickly lets go.He makes eye contact with my lips and my eyes.I wasted no time as I close the space between us with a quick kiss.

"now this is what i call, the best jingle ball ever"