ThIrTy SeVeN; ReAl LiFe

January 10,2018
6:50 pm

MELANIE

I sighed as I set my pencil down on my English book pushing up my reading glasses  as I grabbed my phone from the edge of my bed.

my heart❤️️:
mind opening your
front door?Boston 
is colder than I thought:)

My eyes widened at the text as I threw everything off my lap and ran out of my room door.I sprinted down the stairs to the front door.

"Melanie,the hell you doing?"my drunk father asked,his eyes still glued to the bright TV in front of him.Ever since my mothers death,his whole life depended on a stupid alcohol bottle and electronics.He hasn't had a real conversation with me since Christmas.Always just bossing me around and telling me my mother's death is my fault.The only reason he says that was because when she was hit, she was going to get my Christmas present.

"Nothin'"I replied simply as I walked to the front  door, far from where he was.I opened it to reveal a snow covered curly headed boy.I smiled as I jumped into his arms,making his bag fall.He immediately groaned wrapping his arms around me.

"Is that a sign of saying you missed me"he laughs.

God I missed his laugh.Sure Face-Time was a thing, but in person it was another.

I pulled away and captured his lips, taking him by surprise.

"no"i say pecking his lips one last time."that was"

"C'mon it's too cold"I smile.He grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers together.I grab his bad from the snow covered ground, swinging it over my shoulder as he grabs his suitcase."You gotta be quite though,My dad is home"

"That's a good thing"he whispers back."I can finally meet him"

I lead him up the stairs into my bedroom.

"This is the famous bedroom aye?"he smirks taking off his jacket.

"Jack,I can't have you meet my dad"I play with my fingers as I speak.

"It's okay,I can wait"he smiles again.

"No like ever"I say looking up at him,a confused look now taking over."he turned to alcohol,which shows such a bad part on me.He was never like this, then the time that I want you you to meet my loving dad and mom,everything falls apart" 

"Melanie"he captures me in a hug as I silently sob into his shoulder."It's okay.It doesn't make you look like a bad person.It's your dad.Turing to alcohol is never the right choice.Plus you don't have to stay in Boston forever"

I pull away from his embrace."What?"

He wipes my tears with the pad of his thumb."Ever thought about attending college in LA?"

*** 

A/N: hi, sorry for the lack of updates but Im back!
Maybe new update tomorrow idk 😉