FoUrTy; ReAl LiFe

MELANIE

"CALIFORNIA?!"Liz screams as we enter the dark tunnel."You're thinking of moving out there?"

"Liz,"I say,"My dad is a complete asshole and I need to get away from him before he gets violent again"I rub my wrist from the memory of a few nights ago.

"I swear to god if you don't kick him in the dick one day, I will"she says through gritted teeth.I laugh at her comment."I'm being serious Mel,that guy almost broke your wrist!"

"He was drunk,Liz"I mutter.

"Did you tell Jack?"my eyes widen at her question.

"Are you out of your mind!"I look over to her, as her eyes stay focused on the night traffic."Jack will go beyond to get me out of that house."

"Exactly!"she says."He will go beyond!You can get justice from your dad!You can be free!"

"You know my boyfriend is also in the band that sings that song,right?"

"I know,I'm just in a why don't we mood"she squeals.

"Speaking of,"i smirk."How are you and Dan-"

"Oh don't change the subject,honey"she interrupts."You have to tell Jack!"

"No way!"i reply."He knows he gets drunk, but he doesn't know what happened that night, and he won't!"

"oops"I hear her mumble.

"oops?"I mock her."What did you do!"

She takes the turn to the airport.

"Liz"

"I might have told Jack what happened so now all the boys are coming to take us to LA"she smiles.

"ELIZABETH MYERS YOU DID WHAT!"

"Their plane just landed and now we're on the way to pick them up!"she replies.

"Liz,what about school?My stuff,OUR stuff?"I begin to panic."I just passed my Spanish test for the first time in high school"

"Relax"she pulls up in the pickup spot of the airport."The boys are spending a week here,so we can stay in school, then we'll ask for a few days off, go to LA, and explore apartments, and schools, and we'll be back to graduate."

"But they're busy too"i face palm my self.

"Actually our schedule is cleared for two important girls"I snap my head in the direction of the voice and see Jack with Daniel behind them, Zach, Jonah and Corbyn.

Oh my.

"Nice to see you again Mel"Jack smiles weakly.

He sounds and looks disappointed.