collection of le things u missed pt 1

So obviously while I've been extra inactive, I wrote some stuff. Thought I'd put that stuff here for now while I'm finishing up some short stories and all...heh.

~ The Fall of ____ ~ 

Flames crackled all around him, mocking his every movement. The desperation and despair sloshed around him like a sea from which he could not escape. The echoing screams of creatures he once knew clouded his mind, impairing his judgement with every blink of his storm cloud eyes. It seemed as if the ashes and smoke rained down upon them from the sky, filling up the midwinter blue expanse with every shade of gray imaginable to the naked eye.

The death of their leader had not only brought the downfall of their home, but of their people and their culture. The fight was no longer between them and the countries inhabiting the nearby land, but rather between the morals of the people themselves. What used to be right was no longer right, and what used to be wrong was no longer wrong. The line between living for reality and living for pleasure was blurred so greatly that it might as well have been nonexistent to them.

They could not cope. They were blinded by the loss and because of it could not see what fate had in store for them - what was coming.

It happened on the morn of Independence. What was supposed to be a day just as any other quickly turned into something that the citizens had never prepared themselves for.

Even if Arawn himself had appeared in the midst of their torment, the people would have simply overlooked his presence for it seemed that nothing could distract them from the truth of the matter; their country was sinking into her deathbed with the tears of millions submerging her. Among all of her people there was no one to comfort her - her friends had become her enemies. Those who had sworn allegiance under the wings that carried her across the world they had known had deserted her to a life of peril and flightless years.

They came disguised as weary merchants - an enormous hoard of them and it should've been suspicious, it really should've but no one let any signs of noticing appear. By noon everyone was dead, a perilous inferno swallowing up the entirety of their livelihoods leaving nothing but a trace of ash from the bones of somebodies who once were. First, it was the towns and all of their inhabitants. It extended towards the capital and then devoured the castle whole, taking the shape of a nachtkrapp in contempt of the land. In the time it took them to drive the country to destruction, they had left without any evidence that they themselves could have been there.

And so, here he was, gazing around at the dying flames moons after it had first happened. It was not his land, but it was supposed to be. It could have been, and had it been he would not have allowed this to happen. He would have lived and he would not have brought this upon his people because only Arawn knows that they did not deserve it...

...or maybe they did, and his vision was just too glazed over to see that. Maybe the fate brought down onto them had not been an injustice towards them, but rather a blessing done for the rest of the world. 

-

~ Chateau de Aucun ~

When he says that living is like feeling colors,
he means that on a good day, he'll feel yellow -
yellow like that of a goldfinch's feather,
yellow like the glistening sun in the sky
on a hot and sunny day.

On a bad day, he'll feel shades of blue,
periwinkle for the days that could've gone better
navy for the days that made him feel too much.

Some days he feels grey,
the days when it feels like the trees are his only friends,
the days when he asks himself if he's okay
because no one does it for him,
the days when his wings are flightless,
and the black where the sirens sing engulfs him.

The days when he feels like he's living
in a house of grey
that's slowly becoming
a house of nothing.