cyneley is da boie

So I casually wrote dis thing for Tiffotater at midnight (Mer Chrisme) an I rlly kinda maybe like it so here et is

it's kinda cheese but I rlly love my tree boi an maymay so like

Also probably lots of typos

-

They say that a good man cannot lie - that he'll speak nothing but the truth until he's lying motionless, breathless, lifeless atop his deathbed. They say that a good man calms the storm rather than feeding it with absurdity and ignorance.

Cyneley was not a good man. He was a compulsive liar, he picked fights he could not win, but he had a certain glint in his misty eyes that always seemed to compel the feeling that he was something better than nothing. He was most definitely not a good man, but he had a good heart.

But a man is not born with a good heart. Instead, it develops inside of him, weaving together strings of love and kindness and joy until it is whole. A good heart must be spurned on by a reason to live - a reason to change and bend the lifestyle one once knew.

One wonderful, beautiful, amazing young girl was Cyneley's reason. The passion in her drive, the love in her heart, and the genius in her mind all became the hands in the weaving of his heart. He treasured her as if she were the most precious of jewels and yet it was still possible that the spark of fulfilling what was lost that she ignited in him continued to burn through him, acting upon him to love her more and more each day.

The small Asura, a daughter to him, protected him when he was weak. She held his head in her tiny hands and nursed him to health when he was sick. She sang songs to him when he could not sleep.

In return, he kept her close when she was lost. He became her friend when she was lonely. He manifested himself into the greatest makeshift father he could be until he was far from being just makeshift.

He had a gratitude towards her that would never wane for it always seemed as if she never stopped giving. He didn't deserve her and he knew it, but they both pressed on to be the best for each other.

And, in the end, as he held her in his arms while she drifted off into a peaceful sleep under the moonlit sky, he could only thank whatever god was out there that he got another chance at caring for someone else.