Buy your time

Not related to YouTube, just a small scene in my head I couldn't stop smiling about. I might do more of these on here since they're short and aren't particularly important.

*+&+*

"Next customer is yours," Craig murmured, not bothering to look away from the cash register he was transferring numbers to from the bill.

Evan moved behind the lad, huffing in response while he was fetching a few napkins for a table. He moved back to the family and politely excused himself when their needs were met.

There was a familiar chime of bells that made Evan and Craig perk up; their usual greeting clogged their throats before they could speak.

A fairly tall man with a freckled Jesus complexion had every head turning. Not only was his face a sight to behold, the suit he wore and the way he held himself made it very clear that the silver watch on his wrist was worth more than their lives. Despite the harsh winter winds, his hair was messily styled to perfection and his shoes were cleaner than Evan's wondering thoughts.

He was hot.

Evan went and reached behind Craig in a rush to get a menu for the handsome male. "Thanks for the set up, baby. I'll be sure to invite you to our wedding." Craig wasn't amused by Evan's wink.

Just a few steps away, Evan realized just how lower rank he was compared to this man and it made him shrink in on himself. Did he have to pay to be in this man's presence? Was he even worthy?

"Hi," too breathy, Evan mentally scolded himself. At his sides, his nails dug into his palm out of anxiety after placing the menu before the handsome male. "How are you this evening?"

The man typed away for a few seconds before shutting off the device and putting it aside. His brilliant blues moved to meet entranced browns and Evan could've sworn his world did a full 360 in a mere second.

He smiled kindly, "I'm very good, thank you for asking. How about yourself?"

Evan had to shake his head, he'd completely forgotten he'd asked a question before and now he was forgetting to form words. "Oh, uhm, yeah. I'm fine, thank you." Digging into the apron tied around his small waist, Evan pulled out a notepad and a yellow pen with a banana glued to a slinkie at the top. "What can I get for you, sir?"

Without looking at the menu, he answered smoothly, "A nice cup of coffee would be nice." Afterwards, his hands moved to the menu and his eyes studied the contents.

Evan nodded and jotted it down, "I'll be right back, then."

Craig raised a brow as he watched Evan speedwalk into the kitchen area and jump around a bit.

"Here you go, sir. Ready to order?" Evan delicately placed an ivory cup before the man as well as sugar packets and small plastic containers of milk.

"Please, call me Jonathan. Hearing 'sir' repeatedly is making me think of work," he chuckled light-heartedly, his cheeks dipping in the beautiful process.

Evan chuckled softly, "that bad?"

Jonathan shook his head, that pretty smile never leaving his graceful features, "quite the opposite, actually. But one needs to separate work and life in order to keep it from getting to you."

Evan nodded, silently absorbing this and wishing he could live this way. "Well, Jonathan," his skin crawled, "what can I get for you?"

Jonathan hummed and looked back to the menu once more before closing it, "the special, 'pollo horneado' sounds tasty. What does it come with?"

Evan was weird when it came to his sexual fantasies and kinks, but this? To be slightly aroused by the way this man perfectly spoke those Spanish words? That just draws the line. But then you'd think, 'hey, he said something sexual so it's not weird.' But he literally just said 'baked chicken'.

"Uhm. Right, that comes with the chicken thigh, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, and two pieces of bread. Sound good?" Evan watched Jonathan contemplate this before he nodded.

"Sounds good, er.."

"Evan," the Asian male responded after writing down the order.

Jonathan nodded, "Evan."

Evan shivered a bit before composing himself, "is there anything else I can get you?"

Jonathan smiled wider and nodded, "your time, as well."

It took Evan a few moments to fully register what had just come out of those flush pink lips. "My time?"

Jonathan nodded, smiling as if all were right with the world, "I'd like your company as I eat. Maybe after that as well, I just really enjoy speaking to you."

Evan felt like a meme, he could already picture the math equations surrounding him as he calculated how long they'd been speaking. In rhe end, it wasn't at all that long. "Um, I still have to work for a few hours.."

Jonathan chuckled, "is your employer here?"

Evan was left stunned at the question but he dumbly nodded in response, his thumb signaling to the kitchen, "he's the cook for this shift.."

Jonathan smiled wider, "I'd like to have a word with him, Evan. Would you be a doll and get him for me?"

Craig watched silently as Evan walked past him with a dazed look. The boy was left witFxck. floating feeling from the simple name.

Fuck

In the end, the order was placed and Evan was off work for the day thanks to Jonathan's charm.

"I'm not going to have enough money for the rent this month if he doesn't pay me for this day.." Evan muttered, his gaze on the green salsa bottle.

Jonathan hummed and pulled out his wallet, "how much are you paid?"

"5.50 an hour plus whatever tips we get," he answered automatically, not looking up from his trance.

Jonathan pulled out two hundred dollars despite what Evan said. Again Evan was trying to calculate how much Jonathan overpayed, it only resulted in defeat.

"I can't take all this," Evan muttered.

Jonathan chuckled and shook his head, "I figured," Evan sighed, "so how would you feel about a sugar daddy?"

W h a t

Can you tell how rushed the end is?
Fxck.