chapter 8 - Ryan's Story

3rd person PoV

              Moose was curious. Why did Ryan care so much about Moose and Shark above anyone else? He decided to ask. "Hey, Ryan?" "Yeah, Moose?" "Why are you so protective to me and Shark more than anyone else?" Ryan looked sad. " You.....you remind me of someone. Someone I used to know." By now everyone was listening and telling him to tell his story.

Ryan's PoV

       All of them want me to tell my story. I really don't want to, but if I don't they might not trust me, and that is really the last thing we need right now. A single tear slid down my cheek as I thought about the story I was about to tell...

"when I was little, I had the best family in the world. A caring mom, a hard-working dad, and a cute little sister. We lived in California. I went deer hunting with my dad every year, always bringing home something to feed the family.

         Then one day, there was a terrible earthquake. Part of the house fell, killing my parents and our dog. I ran clutching my little sister Jasmine's hand. we ran for what seemed like hours before we stopped. I promised that I would never let anything happen to her.

          We climbed a tree to stay away from the more dangerous night creatures. Suddenly, a pack of wolves surrounded the tree. Jasmine was crying, and that caused her to slip. She fell from the tree and we both screamed. I jumped from the tree and ran. I will never forgive myself. It's all my fault"

Matt's PoV

             Ryan was sobbing. Moose and Shark were trying no convince him that it was okay and that it wasn't his fault, but it wasn't working. I really wished I could help, but I knew it was no use. Guess we are all just waiting for something to happen now.