chapter 9 - The Surgery Begins

Matt's PoV

              Its been three days since Ryan told us his story, and he still won't talk to anyone. He is really beating himself up right now. I don't even really know the guy and it's still extremely hard not to feel for him.

         Then there was a knock on the door. Everyone's head jerked up, and I jumped up and ran to the door. I heard the lock click so I slowly opened the door. The same woman who explained what was going on, Emily, walked in, closing the door behind her. She told us to sit around the table and chairs that were in the corner of the room. 

              She explained what was going to happen next. Most of us were going to go into the surgery stage, which made some of nervous. But some of us needed to be tested on more. That got us confused because there were only three people who needed more testing: Ryan, Moose, and me. She explained that the surgery would give us powers and that the powers could help others. The powers depended on our personality. While they could be cool, they could also be dangerous, so we were told that after the surgery we had to wait for a bit before using them.

          After explaining, she guided us all out of the room. She led us to what looked like a surgery prep room and told the others to stay there and that some doctors would be with them soon. hen she led me, Moose, and Ryan into another testing room. The room was divided into three parts. The first part was full of medical and camping stuff. The second part was full of weird lights and pictures and illusions and stuff. The third part was full of fire tools and other fire-related things. Emily led us each to a different part, and we each met a new doctor/scientist person.

                Moose was led to the part with medical stuff. His doctor was a tall woman with blonde hair and green eyes, with a warm smile. Ryan was hesitant to let Moose leave his side, but he eventually allowed for Emily to lead him over to the fire area. His adult was a short man with curly brown hair and safety glasses. Finally, I was led to the part with weird lights. My scientist was a younger man with black hair and hazel eyes. He was nice. We talked about what was going on, then got to work testing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hai guys! I don't have much to say but I want to give a warm welcome to Edslife and anyone else new! welcome to Wattpad, and hope you all enjoy!