xii. from white to red

twelve

twelve. from white to red

FLORENCE WATCHED AS THE TIGER with the eye-patch gripped Davis' grey and brown hair tighter than before, earning a wince from the man. Davis looked on the brink of death with skin paler than snow and bruises that bled down his body.

Florence took a step forward, her hands up in fear as if Tigerclaw was about to strike her. 

"Stop hurting him!" She yelled loudly with a pleading tone. 

Behind her, the turtles and two humans burst through the door and immediately halted at the sight of Florence holding up her hands with tears streaming down her face. Dread was clear in her green eyes as she silently begged for Tigerclaw to let her father go. 

With a smirk, the mutant tiger dropped the man into the snow, earning a groan of pain to leave his lips when his whole body jolted against the cold ground. Davis couldn't really see clearly at that moment; his whole vision blurry from the blood in his brain that was practically making him go blind. All he could see was a blur of green and white with a bit of yellow. 

The second groan that left his lips caused Florence to take a step forward. 

Tigerclaw reached his hand down to his waist and pulled out a small pistol before drawing the hammer back and pointing the barrel to Davis' head. Florence cried out in horror and was close to charging forward again, yet the hand that wrapped around her elbow held her back. 

Florence spun around and met Donnie's concerned gaze for a few seconds before turning back around and listening as Tigerclaw spoke. 

"This will be an easy transition," smirked Tigerclaw. "Florence walks over with her hands up behind her head while Davis remains on the floor. Once you're in my reach, Doctor Carter is free to the turtles." 

"You won't harm him?" Florence begged with a hoarse voice. 

Tigerclaw smirked and put his free hand in the air as if he was swearing. 

"On my life," he said in a low and sinister tone with a smirk on his face. 

Florence trembled slightly and turned around. She met Mikey's gaze and held it for a few seconds, earning a sad smile from Mikey before she looked to Raph and nodded. He clenched his fist tighter. 

It was taking all of his self-control not to charge at Tigerclaw and rip him to shreds for hurting Florence's father. 

When Florence looked at Leo, a silent conversation passed between the two; Stay safe. Florence then looked to April and Casey, only giving them a quick nod before she finally looked up to the turtle holding onto her elbow.