One: New Girl

ANDREA RICHARDS

It was lunch break-- the time of the school day when I feel both relieved and stressed. Relieved because I get a break from all those lessons and stuff, and stressed because of the people around me.

It's not that I don't like people, but it's just that the people in this school do not please me at all.

Here I am, making my way to the cafeteria. It is where students think they can show everyone their social status in this school- whether they're the popular ones, the average ones, the 'low-class' ones, and so many more of those nonsense school cliques.

Well, for them, I guess I belong to the 'alone' category since I eat alone during lunch. And, I don't really give a fudge about it.

It's better to sit and eat lunch by yourself, rather than to sit and eat with people who do not even please you.

"Andi," I hear a voice say. I turned around to see that it was my since seventh grade crush, Cole Pendery.

You can totally hear me screaming, squealing, and fangirling mentally.

"What?" I asked in a boring voice, hiding the excitement I am feeling right now. I can't believe it, he's talking to me again! I'm stuck between feeling excited and feeling bummed right now because I know he might just probably need something.

When was the last time he talked to me? Oh yeah, when he greeted me Happy New Year through a text message, which is actually a group message he just forwarded to every single person in his contact list.

Ever since Cole and his friends became popular they stopped hanging out with Camille and I, and replaced us with popular people in this school. And by popular, I mean totally plastic and self-centered people who are desperate and thirsty for attention. They are the ones who make up issues so they can be the talk of the school. Stupid, I know.

But Cole and his best buds aren't famous for being plastic. They are popular because they are a boy band. They just talk to us when they greet us a Happy Birthday or Merry Christmas, stuff like that.

Unfortunately, Camille left me because her family moved to Chicago for her father's job. So I'm all by myself this school year until I graduate.

It's definitely going to be fun, I know. *rolls eyes with overflowing sarcasm*

"I need to talk to you." Cole said, demandingly.

"About what?" I asked him, noticing the seriousness in his voice so I thought it was an important matter.

He opened his mouth but he didn't say anything so he shut it back.

I was about to say something when he grabbed my hand and ran. I have no choice but to follow him because he was holding onto my hand. I know I should be freaking out right now but nah, I'm not really in the mood. Obviously, he's going to ask me a favor.

"Where are we going?" I asked while making our way to somewhere I do not know.

"I don't know. Somewhere nobody could see or hear us, I think." he said, clearly thinking on where to go, based on his expression.

I'm confused. I don't know what he's up to, but I can sense that it's something I am not going to like.

Then we stopped at the school's parking lot. Nobody was here except for us.

"Shoot." I told him, still in a bored tone. I can see where this is all going.

"Okay, so you know the new girl in your grade?" Once he said that, all the happiness inside me vanished and was replaced with pure boredom. I know where all of this is heading to.

I nodded, remembering the new girl in my Trigonometry class. Yes, she's pretty- the kind of pretty that would really grab any boy's attention.

"The guys made a bet that who ever gets to ask her out first, can ask the rest of the guys anything he wants. And I really want a new car so bad." he explained.

"And why are you telling me this?" I asked him as I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Because you will be my key to her." he said, he said with hope glimmering in his beautifulbrown eyes.

Stop fantasizing about him, he doesn't like you.

"Right. More like the key to your car." I snapped and rolled my eyes. I turned my back and I was about to walk back inside when he spun me back and looked me directly into my eyes.

Really, Cole? Just for a car? Pfft.

"Come on, Andi. Can you please help me?" he begged, as if it was the most important thing on earth.

"Your just going to break her heart. There's no way I'm doing that." I said.

"We won't break her heart because we like her. We won't make a bet about a girl if we don't like her." he reasoned out. I shook my head. How can even a guy like a girl if he has only seen her for the first time?

"You just have to hang with her and introduce her to me. Easy, right?" he insisted.

"If it's easy for you, then go do it yourself." I said in a coldly.

"She's a junior, and so are you, while I'm a senior. So it's going to be hard if I do it all by myself because I'm competing with 4 boys. She is in one of your classes. You can talk to her. So please help me?" he pleaded.

"If you really want to get her, you have to work hard for it. That's going to prove you if you really like her or not. Sorry, I really have no plans on helping you." I said leaving him there and walked back inside the school.

I made my way back to the cafeteria to grab my lunch. Then, I went to a table and ate my lunch alone.

I grabbed my phone and texted my best friend, Camille.

Andrea:
"Guess who just talked to me."

Camille:
"Cole Pendery? Your egoistic crush since seventh grade? ;)"

Andrea:
"Heck yeah. No need to be cheeky. He just asked me to help him win a little competition between their band. I said no. I'll tell you everything about it later after school. Miss you xoxo"

After sending it to her, I continued eating my lunch.

Damn, when will I see that lil' bubbly crazy woman again? I miss talking and laughing with her. I miss eating lunch with her. I miss walking home with her. Now that we're miles apart, I just text my dad to pick me up because walking home alone doesn't sound so good at all.

"Can I sit with you?" I heard a girl's voice say, which broke me from my reverie.

I looked at the person and well, I guess this is really a very weird situation I am in. Really weird. And if you were in my place, you don't know if you're going to like it.

It's the girl that Cole was talking about. It's the same exact girl.

I can't say no to her because rejecting a new girl would be so mean. Plus, she seems very nice, so why not?

I didn't have a choice but to nod. She thanked me and sat down. She set down her tray on the table and began eating her lunch.

I looked at the table where Cole and his friends were sitting. I saw him looking back at me and gave me a thumbs up as soon as he saw the new girl sitting with me.

Damn, he's getting it wrong.

So wrong.

Please send me help.