Twenty-Five: Uncomfortably

Dedicated to Book_lover365 because waffles♥

ANDREA RICHARDS

I haven't spoken a word to anyone about what happened yesterday. I'm not really comfortable with sharing it to anyone. Right now, I'm on the way to forgetting it. But I have no idea how especially when you're going to the same school with that person and you sit with him at lunch? So there's no way I could run away from it.

I don't even know if Cole told the other guys.

I don't even know how to handle situations like this, for pancakes' sake!

Right now, I'm just trying to be very careful not to bump into Caroline or the guys. Especially when this shouldn't have happened if I didn't follow Caroline's tracks.

I know I share a class with Caroline but I'll try to just leave the room right after this class and dash off to my second class.

So here I am, sitting on the chair closest to the door while waiting for the teacher to come.

I asked Jen Winters, the one who usually sits on this chair, to swap seats with me for the meantime. Good thing, she was kind enough to do so.

Caroline hasn't arrived yet so I can still breathe a little better. I don't even know how to face her.

Should I tell her that I know all about the guy she's been going out with? Should I ask her why she's keeping that information from me? Would I even have all the guts to ask her these questions?

"Andi," I heard somebody say.

I looked up and saw Caroline. She seems just like the old bubbly Caroline.

"Oh hey," I greeted and let out a nervous chuckle, "I didn't see you there."

"What's wrong?" she asked me with big and concerned eyes.

Oh no. No no no no.

"Nothing," I said with a smile, "Everything is alright."

"Really? But you seem to be in very deep thought when I entered the room," she said.

Oh pancakes and waffles.

"And why are you seated here? And not in your usual seat?" she asked again.

"Uh, Jen swapped seats with me," I reasoned out.

"Oh, I see," she said as she averted her gaze to Jen Winters, who was now sitting a few chairs behind.

"Good morning class," Mr. George said as he entered the room and strided towards the teacher's table.

"Oopsie," Caroline said, "Talk to you later." Then she hurriedly went to her seat.

Sorry Caroline, but I'm not really in the mood to talk to anyone today.

*

I was panicking during lunch.

I was holding my tray, scanning the whole cafeteria even though I wasn't looking for anyone or anything.

I also have a problem.

I didn't know how and where to eat. Should I just sit on our table or should I just eat somewhere--

"Hey Andi!" I heard a freakishly familiar voice call out.

I looked back to see Dalton seated with Dana, Will, and Gabe as he was waving at me. They were all seated at our table.

Do they know? Did Cole tell them? Where is Cole?

"Are you just going to stand there and stare at us or are you going to come over and sit here with us?" Dana asked.

So I made my way towards them and sat in between Will and Dalton uncomfortably.

Come on, Andi! You're acting as if it's your first time to sit with them!

"What's wrong?" Will asked with concern. I shook my head and smiled as if nothing was going in.

"Are you sure?" Gabe asked from across the table. I nodded. I guess I should smile a little more? My smile maybe isn't working.

"Because Caroline told us that you were acting different since the day started," Dalton said.

Oh no.

"Different? What do you mean different?" I asked them.

"She said she usually sees you staring into space and you just went out of your first class without waiting for her or even saying a word to her," Dalton stated.

"No, no. Everything is fine and there is nothing to worry about," I assured them and grinned at them.

They all nodded in response. I think they believed me? Or I don't know. I'm a terrible liar. Sometimes.

"Hey," I heard someone say as he took a seat beside Dana.

That voice belonged to someone I never wanted to see or come across to or even look in the eye. So basically, I'm avoiding him.

I turned and saw him. He wore an expression that seemed like nothing happened. He had his usual smile on.

"What's up, man?" Dana said to him.

How could he still act normal after the all things that happened yesterday? He's talking and laughing with the guys just like the old times.

I don't really know what's going on. So, I decided to just focus on finishing my lunch so I could escape this never ending awkward situation which is happening right now in this very table. Well, I guess I'm the only one who finds it weird in here.

I didn't even look up because I don't want to have any eye contact with anyone in this table because I might be asked why I'm acting so different right now.

The moment I took the last bite of my lunch, I hurriedly said goodbye to the guys and rushed to my locker to grab my things I'm going to need for the afternoon.

As I opened my locker, a note fell onto the ground. It was coated with sky blue glitters.

Because I'm so addicted to glitters, I picked it up and read as it said:

"My Princess,

Remember me? I'm the one you danced with at the Masquerade Ball.

If you want to know who I am, meet me at the town park at 6 pm.

Prince Charming"

Mother of all waffles and pancakes.

I know that inserting letters through girls' lockers is one of the most cliché things in this world, but I don't care.

I never saw this coming. I never thought I would get the chance to meet and to talk to Prince Charming again.

He looked for me. He wants to meet me again.

Caroline was right about the guy searching for the girl, not the other way around.

Author's Note:

Omg I am so sorry because it took a long time for me to update! I tried my best to finish and write this chapter as soon as I can but schoolworks and writers' block really didn't help. I am really sorry if I kept you guys waiting.

But anyways, thank you so much because my story has 19k reads! Yay!

I love you guys so much❤️

xoxo