Sixteen: Stupidity

ANDREA RICHARDS

My weekend was totally fine. I got time to rest since we didn't have any homework.

I talked to Camille and as usual, I told her everything she missed. When I told her about Mr. Prince Charming, all she did was scream in happiness because I finally found a guy in my life. But when I told her that we didn't get to know each other's names, she said that I should look for him as soon as possible.

"Panda!" I heard that annoying voice. And it definitely belongs to no one but Cole Pendery. Since he's the only one is school who knows about my pet name.

"What?" I asked, trying to keep the slight annoyance hidden from him. Why was I annoyed? Oh yes, because it's a Monday and he's the first person I was going to face for the day and he called me by my pet name.

"I didn't see you last Friday at the ball! Where were you?" he asked.

"I didn't see you too so I guess we're even," I said and smiled at him in a teasing manner.

"Okay, but I'm looking for somebody--" he was cut off by Dalton's voice.

"Cole!" I heard Dalton say. He was with the rest of the guys.

"Yeah?" Cole turned away from me and talked to them.

"Hey, I have to go to my first class right now so bye," I said to Cole.

"Okay, I'll talk to you later?"

I just shrugged and went to my first class.

I felt a little pain inside because Dalton or not even one of them didn't even just greeted me. It's as if I was invisible or we didn't even had a friendship to start with. Cole did greet me or was hanging out with me the past few weeks but I know he's doing this because of their stupid bet. After he wins or after he loses, he'll obviously go back to his usual routine which was to hang out with his band and with the other popular people in school.

*

After all my classes, Caroline decided that we should stay in school because I may see Mr. Prince Charming but I don't think we will because how can you even recognize somebody you've seen in a mask?

Everytime Caroline and I walks by a guy, she asks me if he looks like the guy from the ball. But no, not even a single guy we passed by looks exactly like Mr. Prince Charming.

"Caroline, I don't think we should be the one looking for him. Maybe it's the other way around, am I right?" I told her right after I had the realization in my mind.

"Oh yeaah, you're right. He should be the one looking for you because he's the guy and if he really likes you, he'll be doing that," she said.

"Exactly,"

"Let's go home, shall we?" she asked and I nodded.

At least Mr. Prince Charming kind of helped me in lessening my feelings for Cole. Prince Charming helped me realize that your first crush may not be the guy you'll end up with. That there are still lots of guys out there. That you just have to wait real patiently for Mr. Right Guy to come into your life.

COLE PENDERY

Since Friday night, I've been wanting to see that girl again. If only the band didn't have a meeting today, I would be in school right now asking every girl about it.

The meeting ended at 6 in the evening and I'm already on my way home.

Then I suddenly remembered that I have to talk to Andi because I'm going to ask her help to find the girl.

When I got home, I went straight to my room and dialled Andi's number.

"Hello?" I heard her voice on the other line.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Why'd you call?" she asked.

"Um, because I want your help," I said, with a little bit of shy tone. To be honest, I feel stupid because I've been asking for Andi's help twice already.

"Again? What is it this time?" she said, sounding a little bit bummed.

"Uh, it's about a girl," I confessed feeling embarrassed because I just realized that I asked for her help twice and both of them are about two different girls.

"You know what, at first I really don't want to believe you when you said that you liked Caroline. But I did, because the way you said it, it seemed like you were saying the truth. But after you said that you're going to ask for my help again for the second time around, I learned that I shouldn't believe people easily," she explained in a really bitter tone.

"I'm so-"

"And another thing, I want to thank you and your band for forgetting about their old best friends. Do you know how much it hurts? That one day, your best friends sat on a different table together with the popular people in school, without them at least saying goodbye or without them explaining why they left you? I hope you know that it freaking hurts! Especially when on the following year, your one and only best friend is going to move miles away from you!"

Her words stung me because they were true. She spoke the truth. I wanted to say sorry but I know that saying sorry in a phone call isn't enough. I didn't say anything, to let her know that she's right.

"I'm sorry for being too harsh on you. I-I didn't mean to say those words. I'm really sorry," she apologized and I heard a sob from the other line.

"Hey, you don't have to say-" before I could finish what I was saying, she hung up.

I literally threw my phone across the room because I just made a girl cry. I made her angry. I didn't even think about what would happen, before making the phone call. I'm so stupid.

I'm such a bad guy.