Twenty-Four: Love Experts

ANDREA RICHARDS

After Cole admitted his feelings for me, I felt worried about it.

Why?

Let's say that I forgot about my feelings for him already. I spent more time with Caroline at school and with Camille after school. I tried to keep my distance from him. And doing those things helped me forget my feelings for him.

And another thing, why would I easily believe him? He might just be fooling around. Just like with Caroline. I knew that he wasn't really serious about her, he was just after the car he wants.

"Are you mad at me?" he asked me.

I shook my head.

"Just bring me home," I said in a dull tone. With that, he started his car and headed towards my home.

"Look, if you're mad, I'm sorry-"

"No," I cut him off, "I'm not mad."

After that, the deafening silence was back again. All I want right now is to be home and sleep so I could forget all the questions and confusions I have in my mind. But a car ride from the park to my house takes 15 minutes or more. So I have to deal with this for a few more minutes.

"I guess you're wondering why, when, or how," Cole suddenly said. I just kept my gaze on the road but I was listening to him.

"Remember when I asked you to help me win the bet? And you wouldn't want to help me because you said I was just aiming for the car? Well, I realized that you were right. Caroline sure is a pretty girl but I was just attracted to her physical features. I also realized that you couldn't have feelings for a person without knowing him or her by yourself." he said.

The way he said those things seems like he really meant it.

"So, as I was keep on trying to make you help me with Caroline, I realized that I was spending more time with you and well, feelings just started to appear."

Why? Why does he sound so sincere? It seems like all the things he said were really true. Should I believe him?

"But Andi, I hope this won't cause us to be so distant from each other,"

I stayed silent because I didn't know what to say.

"Andi," he said, "Can I hear from you now?"

At first, I just stared at the window. I wasn't ready for this. I never saw this coming. But, I thought that maybe now would be the best time to tell him everything.

"Okay," I finally said, "I liked you Cole. You were my seventh grade crush, and that was when Camille and I were great friends with you and the guys until you became a band. So with that, my feelings for you vanished. But after you asked me to help you win your band's bet, we spent more time and I guess those feelings were slowly coming back. But I warned myself, even Camille did, that I shouldn't have feelings for someone who feels the same for another person. So what I did was to forget about how I felt for you. I kept my distance. I spent more time with Caroline and Camille," I explained.

"Doing those things really helped me," I added, "They made me move on. But after what you said to me a while ago, I don't know what to do now," I added.

Then my house came to my view. Cole stopped in front of it then I opened the door and hurriedly went out.

"Thanks for the ride," I thanked him and dashed inside my house.

COLE PENDERY

If only I knew in the first place that she liked me! I should've told her earlier.