01:00 - Little Prince

CINDERELVIS

Created By; Snow Marisvega

Chapter One

"Tell me, Mom.  How did you know you loved Dad?" I inquired, smiling widely as I sat in front of my mother, looking up at her.  She chuckled and tucked her waist length blonde hair behind her ear. She was wearing a white dress, a white pin in her hair. She smelled of flowers and as she smiled down at me, it felt like sunshine, like she was the direct source of light.

"Well, little prince." She sighed softly, a hair brush in her hand. "The very moment I knew I had fallen in love with your father, it felt like a sudden wave had crushed over me. I was nervous but excited, overwhelmed yet it was exhilarating. It gelt like all the pieces of my heart  that had been scattered throughout my life suddenly found their rightful place, forming a complete and perfect picture." I could tell she was grinning while she brushed my hair.

"Go on!"

Mother laughed. "Well, Elvis. I felt some deep sense of connection with him. It felt like we were two puzzle pieces that were meant to fit together all along. And from that moment, I knew that I had found the one, and my heart was filled with a sense of joy and contentment that I had never experienced before and it still does years later." She kissed my head and I turned to face her, grinning.

"You and Daddy, you both love each other, yes?"

"Oh very much, my little prince." she cackled. "We never stopped."  Mother slowly shook her head.

"Do you think I'll have that?"

"Of course, sweetie." She turned me to face her, she patted the spot beside her and I sat on it. "You see love is phenomenal and everyone deserves it." She smiled, her blue eyes fixated on me.

"You'll find love because you're deserving of that, everyone is and it would be so beautiful." We both heard and turned to the voice at the door. It was my Dad, I smiled once I saw him with his hands in his pockets.

"Morgan, you're home." Mother smiled.

"Well, I wondered where my wife was, I knew she had to be here."

I got up and ran over to him, hugging him. He pulled me up with a grunt. "Hello, my sweet child!"

"I am eight, father, I'm not a child."

Dad looked at mom. "He's not a child."

Mom chuckled softly and walked over to us. She kissed Dad on the lips and they stared at each other with eyes clouded in love.

"How was work today?"

"Boring, couldn't wait to come back to my family." He said and Mom beamed.

"Momma was telling me about how she knew she loved you!"

"Is that so?" His brows flew up as he grinned. "Well you see your mother and I are a team, we always have been." Dad said as he walked over to my bed and placed me on it.

"How did you get assigned to be a team?" I questioned and they both laughed.

"You ask a lot of questions, my boy." Dad said, patting my head.

"Well, answer him." Mother said as she sat on the bed beside me, smiling at Dad.

Dad gave her a look. "Really now?"

"Mmhmm," she cackled.

"Well," he cleared his throat.

"Sing it!" I interjected. "I like when you and mom sing together."