Chapter One - Reaped

Just a quick note on all the tributes before I begin so you can keep track of everyone :
District 1: Evan Fong and Jonathan Smith
District 2: Anthony Chilled and Steven Ze
District 3: Craig Thompson and Tyler Wilde
District 4: David Nogla and Ryan Ohm
District 5: Bryce McQuaid and John Kryoz
District 6: Ryan Smitty and Adam Montoya
District 7: Luke Patterson and Mark Johnson
District 8: Cody Racing and Max Gassy
District 9: Scotty Seven and Anthony Panda
District 10: Brian Hanby and Brock Snuckel
District 11: Marcel Work and Jay Blue
District 12: Lui Calibre and Arlan Droid

If you are unfamiliar with the Hunger Games universe, just a warning that this may not be for the faint of heart. Thanks, hope you enjoy.

***

"Welcome to the 100th annual reaping for the Hunger Games. Now, as we all know this isn't just any old Hunger Games, this is a Quarter Quell, only male tributes will be selected. May the odds be ever in your favour."

If Evan was from any other district, his heart would be in his feet and his blood would run cold. However, living in District 1 has it's perks. Training for the Hunger Games from a young age puts the district at a high chance for winning. Plus the overall wealth of the district, it is by far the best one to live in. Evan had no fear of being selected from the bowl, his only worry was that someone would volunteer in his place.

Evan was a large man, he spent hours upon hours training for the games, which had lead to the muscle mass on his arms, torso, and legs. He often had attention from the local girls, but he never reciprocated that affection. He just didn't see the appeal many of the other guys found in the girls.

Evan tended to stick to his best friend, Jonathan. Jonathan was several inches shorter than Evan, but was still very strong from his training. Jon was no where in sight at the morning's reaping, he was blocked by other meatheads from the district.

The woman in a frilly green dress approaches the bowl full of male names, and draws the first slip of paper. Her heels clack back over to the microphone as she unfolds the fateful paper.

"Noah Grayson," the shrill voice announced.

"I volunteer!" Evan shouted immediately afterwards. He stepped forward, waving his right arm in the air. He took steady steps towards the platform, Peacekeepers on either side of him. He mounted the platform and smiled at the cheering crowd. He waved out to everyone.

"And your name is?" Asked the announcer, tapping her foot.

"Evan Fong," the Asian man answered, smiling widely.

"Congratulations to our first volunteer in this annual Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favour, Evan," the lady smiled again. She gestured to where Evan could stand, leading him away from the microphone.

"And for our next tribute," she continued, drawing another slip of paper.

Evan was not naive, he knew how easy it was to die in these games, and the mental effects it left on the victors, but he believed he could conquer. He was already forming a strategy, to team up with the other career districts and eliminate the rest of the competition.

He looked out over the crowd, some faces proud and others worried, petrified. They had no reason to be worried though, someone is bound to volunteer in their place in a district such as this one.

When the lady read out the next slip of paper and no one volunteered, Evan's heart finally dropped. That slip of paper resigned the fate of a certain boy with fluffy brown hair and piercing blue eyes. It condemned their friendship, their love.