The Ending and Notes

Hi everyone. I don't want to dwell too long on the allegations against Craig and Lui, but I will say this:

I do not condone nor support their behaviour. I think their actions have been disgusting, and I do not feel comfortable writing about them in fics centring around the BBS. Please don't ask me about the allegations, I'm really not here to talk about them (everything is up on craig and sami's twitters if you're curious).

Because of this, I've made the difficult choice to discontinue this fic. I don't know if I'm going to write for the BBS anymore, I've half moved on from the group anyways, but the good members will always hold a special place in my heart.

Below I've included what I had written for the seventeenth chapter, along with the plot line for the rest of the story and some mini-scenes i had outlined. I want to thank those who supported this fic, it never got much attention but I really appreciate all the support. This is for everyone who is curious on how I had the ending planned out. Bear in mind that I've had this outline since 2017 and it's been unchanged since. Trigger warnings apply for suicide.

***

"This day has dragged on forever, they're already showing the tribute deaths," Jon drawled as he threw his arm up towards the sky.

"Adam Montoya - District 6

Brock Snuckel - District 10"

Craig frowned when he saw the boy from District 10 in the sky. Although he didn't want either of them to win, if no one from his own alliance couldn't survive, he would have wanted one of the District 10 boys to go home. Their relationship had Craig initially shaking with envy, but then it hit him like a freight train that their relationship would only last until they died in the arena.

Suddenly only being friends with Tyler seemed like the brighter option.

"Kinda sucks that Brock died, he seemed like a nice person in training. Can't imagine how Brian must be feeling," Jon said, chewing at a charred piece of fish. Jon's words wafted over Craig's ears, the heat of the fire and his proximity to Tyler made his cheeks burn.

"Yeah, I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be stuck in here with the person you were in love with," Tyler said with a gloomy expression on his face. Craig bristled, the hairs on his arms standing up. Craig spared a glance at Tyler. His words seemed genuine enough, but his face told another story.

His eyebrows were furrowed and his knuckles turned white with how hard he was grasping the stick used to prod the fire. Craig didn't look away quick enough and Tyler caught Craig staring at him. Craig flushed and whipped around to face the fire again. He could still feel Tyler's gaze on him.

Across the fire, Craig watched as Evan side-eyed Jonathan at Tyler's declaration. Just as Evan looked away, Jonathan turned his focus to his District partner. They were so obviously to one another it was starting to hurt Craig.

Evan cleared his throat in the silence and spoke, "At least we still have each other, right?"

"Right," Jonathan replied after a pause. None of them wanted to address the elephant in the room. In any other circumstances, Craig could see himself becoming lifelong friends with Evan and Jonathan. But not here, not now. It wasn't fair. Nothing was fair.

"So who's left now?" Tyler asked. Evan leaned forward on his chin, resting his elbows on his knees.

"Us four, Ryan, Bryce, Luke...Brian," Evan paused as he tried to remember the names of the other two.

"And Scotty and David," Craig finished for him.

"Yeah. Ten left," Evan mumbled.

"I swear I haven't seen the last two since we arrived in the Capitol," Tyler laughed bitterly.