v.

— as soon as the door to kit and rose's house opened, juniper was pulled from the porch and into her brother's fiancee's arms.

"june." rose sighed as she held her sister-in-law-to-be close. and just like that, in the warmth of her brother's house, juniper let herself fall apart for the first time.

all the feelings she had bundled up inside her, everything she had suppressed since ending her relationship of two years, everything she hadn't let herself feel flooded out of her like a tidal wave of emotion.

"juney... dont cry baby." rose tried to calm the younger girl down when she felt her body shake as she sobbed. rose held her hand, rubbed her back and led her into the living room. "sit here honey, um, there's tissues on the coffee table, i'll go get your brother." rose furrowed her eyebrows and frowned at the girl sniffling and convulsing on her sofa, hating to see her upset.

she made her way into the kitchen, where kit was just putting down the phone after ordering their takeaway. "kit, darling, your sister's here."

at his fiancee's words, kit came racing into the living room and was at juniper's side in seconds. he wrapped her smaller frame in his arms, just as his fiancee had done moments before.

"fuck." juniper mumbled. "i was doing so fucking well at not doing, well, this." she chuckled dryly and blinked up at her brother through teary eyes.

"no, no." he soothed, smoothing her hair. "maybe this is good, to let yourself feel it."

juniper pulled away from kit's arms and smiled sadly at him. kit lent forward and wiped her eyes with the pad of his thumb. "thanks."

"what the fuck happened with harry? juney?" kit questioned, his face a picture of concern and worry. "i've never seen you like this."

"can we maybe talk about all that later?" juniper asked, taking her brother's hand. "i might feel more talkative after a curry and a pint of wine." she chuckled.

"of course. anything for my baby sister." kit chuckled, pulling juniper in again and kissing her forehead tenderly.

"i love you."

"i love you too."