vi.

"do you think it's weird how comfortable this is?" juniper sat up and looked at harry, who was sat a few feet away from her on the sofa. they had just finished happily watching a movie together, as if they hadn't both been crying about the other for months.

"not really." he shrugged. "we're probably just really mature."

harry raised his eyebrows and smirked at her. juniper rolled her eyes in retaliation and hit his stomach lightly.

"i'm serious, h." she huffed. "i was crying over you like, last month. and now you're sat on my sofa."

"i'm not ever gonna not know you, love. you're too important."

what could have been interpreted as a smooth line was said so simply. juniper nodded, it was the truth.

they were too important to each other. juniper and harry had pulled each other out of adolescence and into adulthood together and that's got to count for something, right? all of their best memories from the last 5 years had been with each other, and that's not something they could just let go of. so, despite recent history, above all they would always be connected. it would always feel like coming home.

"do you remember the night we met?"

( london, circa 2013. )

harry styles was stood at the bar waiting for a round of drinks when a flustered girl bumps into him.

"fuck, sorry." she frowns, running a hand through her long dark hair.

"no, no it's okay, love." harry smiles back. she looked up at him and nodded.

"you haven't by any chance seen a girl with blue hair and a black dress recently?" the girl asked, stress evident in her tone.

"no, sorry. a friend of yours?"

"yeah. i lost her like 3 songs ago. i probably shouldn't tell you this, but we used fake id's to get in tonight and i'm worried she's doing something stupid."

"oh fuck, how old are you?" harry suddenly straightened up and pretended he hadn't been in awe of the girl before him.

"17, don't get your panties in a twist-"

"-harry."

"harry, okay."

"you don't recognise me?"

"should i?"

"no, i s'pose not."

"okay then."

and with that, juniper harrington turned and walked away to continue looking for her friend, harry styles hot on her heels.

( london, circa 2020. )

"of course i do, the first word you said to me was fuck."

juniper let out a laugh as he reminded her.

"i can't believe you couldn't believe i didn't know who you were." juniper pointed. "how cocky, styles."

"hey! wasn't my fault you were living under a rock, one direction were blowing up at the time. didn't you watch x factor?"

"no, i was too busy."

"doing what, sneaking into clubs?"

"exactly."