fin.

( hi! i listened to the album in order while writing this and almost cried like 10 times, would recommend lmao )

the next night, harry came over again. and the next night. and the next night.

the fifth time that they hung out, harry decided he was going to bite the bullet.

juniper and harry were one bottle of wine deep when he proposed the idea of listening to his album together.

"harry i've heard it already, you don't need to play it. it hurts a bit too much."

"no please, i need to explain everything to you." harry moved so he was facing her now. "please can you do that for me love, let me tell you everything?" he places a firm hand on her thigh, looking into juniper's eyes that were awash with concern.

"okay." juniper breathed out.

she nervously watched harry place his phone on the coffee table in front of them and hit play.

when they listened to meet me in the hallway, juniper looked at harry with sad eyes. "i didn't want you to get any better." she mumbled. "you didn't do anything wrong."

"you were hoping i'd come around?"

"every second of every day." he nodded.

when they listened to sign of the times juniper cried. she always did. it reminded her of the end of their relationship, when things were really bad. the nights crying over feeling like she was losing him, before she even did. when harry saw her getting teary, he opened her arms. when she tentatively moved closer, harry pulled her onto his lap. "shh." he kissed her forehead and told her it was okay.

when they listened to carolina, harry sang the adlibs to juniper to make her laugh. which it did. she giggled and perked up, wiping her eyes on her sweatshirt sleeves. she's a good girl, she feels so good. "i blushed when i first heard that bit." juniper laughed and harry just smirked at her.

when they listened to two ghosts, they both got sad again. it was the most bizarre feeling to be listening to a break up song with the person you broke up with. juniper and harry both just took it all in. vivid pictures of the breakdown of their relationship played in both of their minds. pointless arguments, cold nights when they couldn't make time for each other, feeling like they didn't know each other anymore. trying to remember how it used to be.

when they listened to sweet creature, harry sang it softly to her. we know we belong. tears welled in juniper's eyes, the words meaning more to her than anything. she placed her head on harry's shoulder, closing her eyes and just listening. you bring me home.

when they listened to only angel, juniper blushed. "anne loves my outfits!" she gasped at the line as if she hadn't heard it before. "she does." harry nods, chuckling.

"you were my angel before victoria's secret's yknow." he added, moving strands of hair away from her eyes.

"shut up." she laughed, lightly slapping his chest.

when they listened to kiwi they both sang along. juniper acting as harry's backup singer as they both got up and danced together. head banging and jumping included. "that pregnancy scare was nothing to joke about." she pointed out at the end.

when they listened to ever since new york, the dancing stopped. harry and juniper sat down. "our breakup.." juniper mumbled. "yeah." harry nodded.

what did you want me to tell you?"

"i don't know. that you uh, still loved me, or that it wasn't over maybe."

"oh."

when they listened to woman, juniper teased harry. "you are very selfish.". a small smile was on her lips. "oi." harry frowned.

"so jealous." she chuckles, poking his cheek to make him smile.

"shut up."

when they listened to from the dining table, juniper cried again. "i wanted to call you, i promise." she looked up at him sadly. "i mean, i did." she chuckled, cringing at the drunk call she'd made months ago.

"i uh, i had to skip this one when i listened to the album on my own," she mumbled, playing with her fingers as she looked into her lap. "i just couldn't get through it."

"im sorry." harry said quietly, making her look up. "for upsetting you." he finished.

"its okay." she nodded, sniffing as tears began to pool in her eyes again. "im sorry too."

when the album finished they both just sat in silence for awhile. neither were sure how long it was before harry spoke up. a few seconds or a few minutes.

"i don't know if now is she right time for any of this... and i'm willing to wait for the right time, whenever that may be." he started, sighing shakily. "i just need for you to know that no matter how complicated and convoluted things may get. m'always gonna love you, juniper, more than i'm ever gonna love anyone."

"you always used to say that to me." juniper looked up at him, smiling with glassy eyes.

"a promise is a promise right? i always keep my promises, trouble."

"come back and tell me that when we're 80."

"alright."

fin.

( thank you for reading to be continued ! i love you all so much xx )
if you have any questions please leave them here!! i'd love to answer them <3