It's Over now

"Clare?!?" Anne gasped in shock. "Why?"
"I don't like people touching what belongs to me."
"What could my son possibly have, that belo... Ooh..." Christine suddenly realised what it was. Dec, who already guessed that this was the reason, wasn't in the least surprised only disgusted.
"You do realize that I would've never come back to you, even if Ant had turned out to really be dead?"
"Oh yes you would've... Wait what do you mean by 'really dead'?"
While everybody was still a bit shocked by the events unfolding, Ant quietly came and stood beside Declan.
"You really are crazy."
Clare shrieked in terror. Sarha rubbed her eyes and blinked rapidly to make sure she wasn't hallucinating.
"I knew it!" exclaimed Christine in joy and jogged over to hug her son tightly, then planted a smacking kiss on his forehead leaving a lipstick mark, making Declan giggle.
Ant then took centre stage.
"As you all can see, I'm not dead. Officer, please bring her away."
The police officer read Clare her rights and dragged her away amidst violent kicking, screaming and threats from the crazy actress.

Back in the church hall Ant couldn't get away from everybody wanting to hug and kiss him. They were all relieved that this nightmare had turned out to be nothing more than just that – a nightmare, a bad dream.
Event hough he had to tell the whole story of how he ended up in the river and how he then finally found his way home all over again, Ant was happier than he had been in a long time. Dec wouldn't continue to work with Stephen but start his own show. He had all his memories back and him and Dec were finally together again, without jealousy and mistrust. There's only one thing that would make Ant even happier and he couldn't think of a better moment than this.

"Could you all listen for a moment? Declan, there's something I need to tell you.
This past week has shown me something very important. I have missed you so much even though I kind of forgot to remember. Do you know what the first thing I said was, when I woke up at the side of that river?... It was Declan. I didn't know who you were but your name was still the first word that left my mouth. I was so confused when I dreamt about our first kiss but still I enjoyed that dream so much. Anyway, I'm rambling... this past week has made me realise that I love you so much, that not even a memory loss can make this feeling go away.
Decky, I know you've already asked me this the night I came home but I just wanted to do this again in front of all of our friends and family..."
Ant got down on one knee and took out the velvet box with the rings in it, Dec had bought a few days ago.
"Declan Joseph Oliver Donnelly, will you do me the honour and marry me?"
Dec was in tears, having been totally taken by surprise. Of course he wanted to marry his Anthony but he just couldn't get the words out. Therefore he just fell on his knees as well and hugged Ant as tight as possible. Ant who knew his boyfriend like the back of his own hand, understood what this hug meant. He leaned back, cupped Dec's face with both his hands and pressed a kiss on his lips.
Lost in their own world, they didn't hear the cheers erupting around them. They kept on kissing, enjoying the feeling of finally being together again and this time it would be forever.

THE END