Part I

"Tell me, what do you look for a man?" Your good friend Tom asked.

"What?" You were taken aback by the sudden question "What's with the question?"

"Well, you my dear [Y/N] is been single for so long that I no longer remember your ex's name." He said in an as-matter-of-fact.

"Look, I went on several dates."

"But you are not committed." Cutting you off, this earning him a glare "Come on, who knows I might find you a match." He added winking at you.

If only he knew that he is the reason you can't commit. The reason why you can't fall in love. You've been wanting to tell him how you feel.. That you LOVE him.

"You can't even find a match for you and you are planning to play cupid on me." Arching a brow at him.

"It is my purpose, to make you happy." He replied placing a hand on his chest "beside you are not getting any younger. Better find a way to use your..." Taking a pause Tom doesn't know if he should continue or not "... well you know what I mean. Your lady part."

"Such a gentleman, stop it, it doesn't suits you." You said making him laugh.

"Oh come on, but seriously can you please just answer my question." He said leaning towards you.

"Well.." looking in his eyes, you felt like you can just dive in and let yourself drown "... I want a guy who can understand me, my tantrums. It would be great if he is good looking and a good singer."

"Is there any by chance you are describing me?" Leaning a little bit closer that you can smell his perfume

"What if I said yes?" You respond but regret it after. Tom sit up straight, composing himself. Seeing his reaction, you know that he doesn't feel the same. So you did on what you are good at, hiding your feelings. Faking a laugh "you should have seen your face. Come on, as if that could happen."

Laughing along, he simply replied "Yeah, as if."

Bidding good bye, Tom kissed you in the cheeks and gave you a quick hug. If only it could last a bit longer but it didn't. Turning back, you watch the guy you love walks away. Maybe this will be the last time you'll see him. Maybe it is for the best.

"Goodbye, Tom."

|End of Part I|

a/n : just putting this fic here. Everything will be posted first in my IG acct then here. Just trying something, hopefully this will be a success.