Part III

The photo-shoot ended and everyone was done packing up. You and Nick are preparing dinner while Tom watch.

"Are you sure you don't want me to help?" He asked taking a sip of his wine.

"It's not that I'm questioning your cooking abilities but you know I'm a better cook than you." You said making both of them laughed.

"Please, Tom, you're our guest. Leave this to us." Nick said politely.

"Thank you, Nick. That made me feel better." Tom added "[Y/N], you should get some manners from your boyfriend."

"He already accepted this side of me and he loves me for it." You said pointing a spoon at him.

This made Tom remember the last time he talked to you. A bitter sweet smile curves in his face. If only he knew that it will be the last time he will ever talk to you he should have....

"Tom? Dinner is ready, come on." You said patting him in the shoulder. Seeing the look in his face "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just a bit tired. Come on." He said giving you a reassuring smile.

Dinner started with Tom giving you and Nick compliments. The dinner was delicious. Nick and Tom started talking about work and other man stuffs. Nick being a big fan of Marvel Cinematic universe, he could help but to ask Tom for spoilers but Tom told him that he might lose his job if he did. It was so fun but you know that sooner or later Tom will be asking for answers.

"So, [Y/N], can you tell me now why you left?" Tom asked making every eyes on you.

"I felt stuck." You started, taking a sip of your wine. That taste good! Just what you need "Everyone seems to be doing their own thing and they are accelerating while I on the other hand doing my job that I'm not sure if I love. It's like no matter how hard I work, I'm stuck. Stranded, not going anywhere. So I left."

"Why you didn't tell us?" Tom asked and you can see pain in his eyes. You've never thought you can affect him like that "[Y/N], you could have told us. I'm willing to help you."

"Tom, you don't get it. I need to go and find myself. To learn on my own. You and Ben were starting with your careers and you two were doing wonderful. I don't want to be burdened to anyone." Holding Tom's hand "I left because I know that is the right thing to do."

"You'll never be a burden to us. If you need space, you can tell us. We'll help you." Tom said looking straight into your eyes.

"You don't get it." That time you already wanted to tell him the truth. That you left because you want to move on from him. That you love him. "[Y/N] we are your friends."

That's the word, the reason why you never told him your feelings. You don't want to ruin your friendship with him.

"Tom, please. Isn't it enough that you see me now? Look at me, I can tell you that I am a better person than I was. I can say that I love my job and my life." You let go of Tom's hands and holds Nick's. This is your body saying that you chose the man beside you, the one in your presence "And if I didn't left I wouldn't met Nick."

Unconsciously, Nick pulled you and kisses your forehead lovingly. Tom watched the scene in front of him. He knows that you are doing well with your life. Maybe he just doesn't want to admit it but it pains him to see you happy and he is not part of it. He shared his joy with you when he found out that he will be playing Loki. The joy he felt that day and you two celebrated. You were the first one to know about it, Ben was jealous but end up teasing you both. You were a big part of his life and losing you actually made a big impact. It was always you or Ben that he talks first when something good happened and if he feel sad or lonely you were always there, his rescuer.

"[Y/N] I want you to know that I am truly happy for you. Maybe I just still want to be part of your life. You are so dear to me that you are like a family." Tom responds but he knows that's not all he wants to say. He doesn't want to add anything that could make you leave again.

But if only he knew that those words stings your heart. He will never feel how you feels about him. Years ago you have decided to say goodbye and move on with your life but fate has its way to mess things up.

"Well, Tom, I am here and I am not going nowhere."

|End of Part III|