Chapter 10- Caught Imposters

Marinette/Ladybug POV
"Marinette!" I hug my Kwami and give her a cookie I had grabbed earlier. I hug Plagg as well.
"You've reached the next stage!" Tikki exclaims.
"I was hoping you could explain all of it!"
"Well, I do have a human form but it takes a lot of power, so lead us to him!" I nodded at the Kwami, watching as the two circle around each other and a flash of black and red later, I see two unrecognizable people standing in front of me. They are both about my age, Tikki has antennas and looks nothing like the imposter. She's much more pretty and even has blonde hair with blue eyes. She looks like a goddess. Plagg looks like a cat devil. He looks handsome and his rugged looks suit his personality. His green eyes stand out the most.
"Let's go!" I see butterfly like wings sprout from Tikki's back and bat wings from Plagg's back. They fly while I glide. I hope I'm not too late.
___________________________
Adrien/Chat Noir POV
I am expecting my ring to start beeping but it never comes.
"I don't know what you did to my ring, but I don't like it," I am now in head to head combat with fake Plagg. He is scowling and fighting me with a weapon that he drew from his boot. I large sword.
"Master will like you. He will have a new kitty to play with!" Rikki or Fake Tikki laughs evilly. I hate how they both sound exactly like their counterparts. But I know it's not actually them. I feel a little less worried about it.
"Trying to steal identities now? That's not very nice!" I hear a high pitched voice from upstairs. Suddenly, a figure jumps down. I see she has visible wings on her back, beautiful blond hair with blue eyes. Antennas stick out from her head and she looks like a goddess, even though she is very pretty, I think my lady is the most beautiful girl in the world.
"You show them Tikki! No one messes with the cat and ladybug! Yeah," Plagg jumps down and I gasp at his appearance. He's handsome and would make a good model. Maybe I should escort him to the agen- No! I will never work for my father ever again! The wings add a good touch to him.
"Nice to see you Plagg," Vlad hits him.
"My lady!" I run over to her.
"There is something sinister going on here. Tikki and Plagg were caught awhile ago and now we can transform without them?" Ladybug has a thinking expression. I smile. She never changes. I take into account of what she just said. It is strange.
"Tikki mentioned something about stages..." I carry her away from a flying chair.
"Whoa! Where did that come from?!" I ask her. She just shrugs.
"That's it, playtime's over Imitator! Lucky Ladybug!!!" Tikki yells, and Rikki disappears.
"Aww, no!" Vlad also disappears, leaving behind a confused Plagg midfight.
"Good work, everyone. Now let's go before people get here. Meet at the Eiffel Tower in 2 minutes," I escape the building very quickly and don't even bother to listen to their replies. My feet touch the surface of the metal monument.
"What's going on?!" I ask. The Kwamis are still in human form.
"We rarely do this, but once in a millennia, a great dark wizard tries to capture a miraculous along with its holder and he sends Kwami shells or dolls to take the place of a Kwami. We both transform into humans only during this time and you can transform without us, plus holding your time out as superheroes. It's an emergency protocol. I didn't think it would happen to the two of you at the same time, but here we are, and we defeated the shells. Now, we must discuss the stages," I perk my ears and listen closely.
"The first stage of superhero development is trust, second is power, third is bonding, and forth is sacrifice. The other fourth is maximum power which is like retirement but sacrifice is the biggest and last step," Tikki explains. Plagg somehow magically has cheese.
"How's work?!" He just growls at me.
"Oh right, you weren't here for that conversation. Nevermind," I shake my head at the sight of Plagg. He looks like he's been starved.
"The peacock miraculous and it's holder went through the last step. But unfortunately, she disappeared. She left no trace of her existence except for her family that was deeply affected. All that's left is a broken son and father who are missing a piece of their soul," Tikki went on. Somehow the evil imposters haven't found us yet.
"Oh yeah! Tikki, I found the peacock miraculous. I thought it was just a normal clip but now that you mention it, I think it was a miraculous!" Plagg munches faster.
"What?!" All three of us exclaim at the Kwami.
"I told you, I saw it–" I interrupt him, "Where did you see it?!" I ask.
"In your father's painting," No. My mom couldn't have been a miraculous holder. It's like saying my dad is Hawkmoth! That's crazy. My mom is still alive and she completed all the steps of a superhero. She obviously sacrificed being with us to do that. Yeah, that's it.
"From what I heard, there's something in Tibet," Ladybug replies.
"Whatever it is, we have to find it. It may lead us to another lost miraculous. For now we must retrieve that miraculous and return it to Master Fu," I shake my head.
"We have to get rid of them first," I say, Ladybug just sighs and trips Vlad so he falls on Rikki.
"What was that for?" She nodded to Tikki and Plagg. The join their hands in a yin and yang circle, reciting something I've never heard before.
"Iktiva, romana, towa." The imposters start disappearing.
"No! This isn't the last you've seen of us Kwamis!" Vlad bitterly inquired.
"Master will have revenge. Avenge us Master!" Rikki suddenly disappears with him. In the end, all that was left was a pile of burnt plastic.
__________________________
Marinette/Ladybug POV
Chat Noir and I make our way to his house. I remember what Adrien told me, and I know he is Chat Noir now, so we must be quick. He opens a window and jumps in. The mansion is empty as ever.
"We must be quiet, my lady. Want to do something?!" He wiggles his eyebrows at me and I burst out laughing. I pat his soft hair.
"Later kitty, let's go, shall we?" I hold my arm out and let him link his arm through mine. I see Tikki holding heart eyes and Plagg trying not to puke from disgust.
"Ew," Plagg gets a punch from Tikki.
"I think it's cute," she replies.
"Cheese is my only love," he gobbles it up and earns a glare from Tikki.
"Why do you think the miraculous was with my dad?" Chat asks. Before I could answer, our miraculouses ring simultaneously. "We're gonna change back!" He hides behind a curtain and I can see him obviously change back. I roll my eyes at how silly he is. I slip behind a door and change back.
"That's it! The painting..." I run towards the direction he's pointing at.
"It's mom..." Adrien puts his hand on the painting. The woman has a similar peacock design on her dress.
"If this doesn't prove she's a miraculous holder, nothing will." Plagg states. Adrien shakes his head.
"Why didn't you tell me before?!" He yells.
"I was probably eating cheese," he eats the stinky Camembert.
I follow them both to the painting.
"Now how does this thing open again?" Plagg shrugs.
"I don't remember if I unlocked it by flying in. Hmmm...maybe I did?" Tikki whacks his head.
"Don't be ignorant. Pay more attention, Plagg!" She scolds him. Adrien presses his fingers to the painting carefully and starts drawing random patterns on the markings.
"I'm just going to see how this wo-" we find ourselves moving as the floor beneath the four of us just acts as a lift. The strange elevator sets us down in a dark room, filled with white butterflies. Pure akumas. This is Hawkmoth's lair.