Chapter 4: Finders Creepers

I was happily sleeping in my cabin, comforted by the warmth of the blanket and my sweet dreams filling me with clarity. That was, until I heard a loud horn and someone screaming to run for our lives.

I practically fell out of my bed as I scampered on all fours out of the cabin and into the grass. I heard Scott laughing at me.

"That's sure attractive, seeing a girl looking like a vulnerable puppy," said Scott, continuing to laugh. I scowled at him. I didn't like him at all.

"And you can't even kiss decently," I said from last week's challenge. "I'd rather make out with a mutated frog. At least it would know what it's doing."

"Oh sweetheart, I can show you what a real kiss is like," smirked Scott. I rolled my eyes.

"As if," I scoffed, "weirdo."

"Thanks, intern!" Chris said to Dakota who stopped blowing the air horn.

"Huh?" she said, not hearing him. Can I go back to bed now?

"Hi, Dakota," said Sam.

"Huh? Speak up!" Dakota shouted. I yawned, clearly not wanting to do a challenge in the middle of the night. Chris threw down a board knocking Dakota down.

"Challenge time!" announced Chris.

"What? Now? In the middle of the night? When it's all, you know, dark?" asked Brick a bit concerned. He's obviously scared of the dark.

"Your challenge: a scavenger hunt for three creepy souvenirs!" said Chris. "Your locations: a haunted forest, a scary pet cemetery, and an extra spook-tastic cave. First team to each location gets a special clue but watch out for booby traps, I really went to town with them. So move fast, and stick together. You'll be penalized for each player you lose."

"Um, what does the spider represent?" asked Cameron, looking short as ever.

"Oh yeah, there's some kind of gigantic-mutated spider somewhere running lose on the island." Chris said.

Aww I have a pet spider. I bet it's harmless.

"What's on the loose?" Dakota asked loudly.

"A giant-mutated spider!" Sam yelled in her ear.

"Where? Where?" Can asked looking around. Lightning and I laughed.

"There's nothing to fear but mortal terror itself. Talk soon!" Chris said and blew the air horn, telling us to go.

We all took off. We ended up making it first as we stopped and breathed.

"Woo! First! That's right!" Lightning said.

"Welcome to the haunted forest, your clue can be found at the base of this tree," said Chris over a loud speaker. Lightning reached into the hole and screamed. "In a bear trap!" Lightning handed Dawn the clue with the bare trap on him.

"Here, creepy girl! Read the clue!" Lightning said. I helped him out of the trap which held tight on his arm.

"Well well well," said Jo with her team behind her. "What do we have here?"

"Who the hell says that anymore? Ha ha! What are you trying to impersonate? A 60s thriller movie?" I laughed which made her glare at me. I just rolled my eyes, not caring that it pissed her off.

"Hey! Find your own piece of paper!" Lightning said.

"Come on, let the runts have their clue. I've got a plan." Jo said and they all took off leaving us alone.