Chapter 11: Eat, Puke, and be Wary

It was the morning of the next challenge. I didn't know what brutal challenges we would be facing today. Hopefully nothing too deadly. . .

I was just listening to music and watching Lightning show off with his skills at best. He swung from a vine and did a flip in the air, high-fiving a mutated bird and flipping into the lake.

Ha! That's my best friend. Go best friend!

He got out of the water and ran up to me, shaking himself dry like a puppy.

"Hey, Remi, wanna shoot some hoops?" Lightning asked.

"Sure, it beats doing nothing," I said, putting aside my headphones. I followed him beside the cabin and got a basketball from Chef's shed that no one enters.

It was two-on-two against each other. I passed Lightning and scored. He may be going easy on me, but it was still fun whether he was giving his all or not.

"Two points! Aw yeah!" Lightning said as he shot the ball after me. I heard a scream and saw Cameron land in the dirt behind Lightning.

Ouch. Cameron groaned in pain.

"Um, Lightning, Remi, I have a most advantageous offer to extend," he said, still crumbled from the fall. "Join forces with Zoey and I. Together we'll vote out the dreaded Scott."

Lightning and I continued our game as he talked. It was an idea. I didn't like him at all. I think he forgot about our alliance anyways about the whole video tapes of him. Not like it mattered, everyone pretty much hates him now anyways.

"Aw Yeah!" Lightning scored.

"What? Really? Okay! Great!" Cameron said. "See you at the challenge!" What'd he say? He doesn't know how Lightning is. His focus is 100% on the game. It's like he completely zones out. Never have a conversation with him when he's playing a sport. Just doesn't work.

Lightning scored again as he took the ball from me. I shrugged it off as I managed to steal. I scored and cheered.

"Hey, got a proposal for you," said Scott, walking up to us. What the hell is going on? "A sweet alliance with Barron Von Scott Mister."

Lightning scored. "Yeah!" I rolled my eyes.

"Always knew you were my kind of guy. And you, Remi?"

"Hell yeah!" I scored after Lightning. "Sorry, What did you say?" I looked up and saw Scott disappear. I shrugged, turning back towards the game. Guess it wasn't important.

"Lightning going long!" Lightning said as he scored at the three-point.

"Damn you, you always gotta win!" I shouted and laughed as I took the ball that fell from the hoop. I shoved it at him and he caught it.

"Lightning always wins!" He said, tossing me the ball back. "And with you, Remi, we can win that million bucks! We'll win this together!"

I blushed as I turned away embarrassed.

"Shut up, you big jock!" I shoved the ball toward him.

It was Challenge time as we all made our way in a line by the communal bathrooms.

I was craving tacos at the moment. That sounds so good right now. I hate this food here. . . I want a Taco Bell place now.

"Challenge time!" Chris said. "And since you've been abused so flagrantly, today's challenge is a super safe, fun challenge!"

We all cheered happily in relief. Finally! This is amazing! Maybe I can ask for tacos?

"So can we get tacos today?" I asked, desperately hoping he'd say yes.