Chapter 5: Backstabbers Ahoy!

Today was a good day. Besides the challenge that was about to happen. I decided to hang out with the guys in their cabin, but I was just wanting to mainly listen to my music. I just couldn't find my headphones anywhere.

"Have any of you seen my headphones?" I asked, looking around to see if I happened to drop them in here.

"Nope," said Sam.

"Sorry, haven't seen them," said Lightning. I swore they were in my back pocket. . .

I heard Lightning's stomach growl.

"Time to refuel," said Lightning as he took out his protein container from behind his pillow. He then let out a big scream.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Dude, sounds like a shaman warlock casted a screaming spell on you," said Sam.

"Lightning was robbed!" He said in third person.

"What'd they take? Your weapons or your armor?" asked Sam.

"My protein powder!" He tipped the container over where the little spoon fell to the floor.

"Oh, yeah that is totally worth freaking out over, probably." said Sam.

"Hey, you'd lose it if you didn't have your video games. Lightning loses it over his protein. We all have our weaknesses." I said, defending Lightning.

"What's yours, sweetheart?" Scott smirked. I rolled my eyes, not answering him.

"Scoopy," Lightning picked up his little protein spoon. "I will find the monster who did this. Lightning swears it!"

"New guy shows up, protein goes AWOL," said Scott. "Do the math."

"Why would Brick want his protein powder? He's his own source of energy." I said. Brick wouldn't steal anything, he's too much of a nice guy. A cute, nice guy. . .

We all went to the dining hall for breakfast before the big challenge. I grabbed my tray of food and took a seat. I picked it at, not knowing if I should eat it or not.

"Hey, welcome to the team," I said to Brick who just sat down at the same table as me. He was two seats away facing me. I smiled at him reassuringly, letting him know that not all the teammates on this team were weird and rude.

"Glad to be here," he said back, smiling at me. He had a cute grin that was for sure. "And to be good teammates with you. I hope we can be friends."

"Yeah, we can be friends," I said, chuckling at his awkward manners.

"Attention, campers!" I heard Chris over the loud speaker. "Breakfast is cutting into precious time that you could spend getting injured. Grab your swim suits and meet me at the dock. Pronto!" We all groaned, not wanting to get into it this early. "You have ten seconds to exit the mess hall before I release the raccoon!"

"The raccoon?" said Anne Maria. We all laughed. That was until we saw a giant crate being lowered down in front of us. A giant raccoon punched off the wooden door and we all screamed to get out of the mess hall as soon as possible.

"What's the matter with you?" Jo shouted at Chris. I was so pissed at him, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one. "That thing could've killed us!"

"Nah," Chris laughed. "Only if you got between him and food. Team Rat, still looks like you're missing a player?"

I turned and gasped. Lightning was missing! At that second, he was thrown out of a glass window and into the dirt.

"Never mind," said Chris.