Arranged Marriage - Takashi Morinozuka

Tonight was a very important night. And no one would tell you why. Your family had been invited to dinner by someone very important. Your mother told you to dress nicely and had a maid do your hair. You couldn't stand it. The dress was too tight and the maid nearly scalped you. But you had to admit that you looked pretty good. You put on your shoes and then left your room. Your parents were waiting by the door.

"Oh you look lovely, (Y/N)." Your mother said when she saw you.

"Thanks Mom." The three of you walked out to the car. The ride was mostly silent. Your mother was humming to herself. You pulled up in front of a large and quite beautiful house. The driver got out, opened your door and offered you his hand. You accepted and got out. You gazed up at the house. You followed your parents up the steps and waited for the door to open. Finally it swung in and a butler bowed you in.

"The family is the sitting room. If you'll follow me." The butler said and led the three of you into the sitting room. You stopped upon seeing the family, well one member in particular. Takashi Morinozuka stood, as well as his brother and father, when you entered the room. You blushed lightly and smiled up at him. You couldn't deny he looked good. He, like you was dressed up for the occasion, but his hair still stuck up.

"Mr. and Mrs. (L/N) thank you so much for joining us this evening. You know my wife." Mr. Morinozuka said and gestured at his wife. His wife smiled and nodded her head. "And my sons. Takashi." He nodded as well before grabbing your hand and kissing the back of it making your blush worse. "And Satoshi(Is that right? Idk?)." Satori did the same thing Takashi did, however you didn't blush as much this time.

"Of course. Wonderful to meet you. This is my wife, (Y/M/N), my son (Y/B/N) and my daughter (Y/N)." You all sat and chatted for about a half hour until the butler came back and announced that dinner was ready. You all filed into the dining room and Takashi pulled your chair out for you. You thanked him and sat down. He sat across from you. And dinner was served. You had just taken your first bite when Mr. Morinozuka spoke.

"Well we all know why were here no point in avoiding much longer."

"Yes, indeed."

"Takashi and (Y/N)'s marriage will be very beneficial to both of us." Mr. Morinozuka said. You choked on your dinner. Takashi's expression didn't change. I hacked and coughed and made a much bigger scene than was necessary.

"(Y/N)? Are you okay?" Your mom asks. You compose yourself and shake your head. An arranged marriage wasn't unexpected, but you were hoping for a few more years.

"No. I'm not ready to get married!" You exclaimed.

"We'll obviously wait until both you and Takashi graduate." Your father reassured you.

"Oh wow. That makes it so much better. I just-I need fresh air." You pushed your chair away from the table and stood up. You dropped your napkin on the table and walked out of the room. You got directions from a maid and found a balcony. The night was cool, but not uncomfortable. You leaned on the railing and stared up at the stars.

"(Y/N)." Recognizing Takashi's voice you didn't turn. He leaned against the railing beside you. You sighed.

"Sorry about my outburst at the table. It's really not about you I promise. I just - I'm not ready to be married. I thought maybe I'd get a few more years or at least a few days notice before meeting the guy I'm engaged to." A comfortable silence fell over you two. You shivered and hugged yourself. You rubbed your goosebumps covered arms. The next thing you knew Takashi was draping his coat over you. You look up and smiled at him. The ghost of a smile appeared on his lips for a few seconds and then disappeared just as quickly.

"Thank you." You whispered. He nodded and then turned to look up at the stars. "You know," you break the silence,"If we're engaged we should get to know each other." He looked down and nodded.

"How about this Saturday we do something?" You blushed and hoped he didn't notice. He nodded. "Really? Okay. Could I have your phone number?" He pulled his phone from his pocket and handed it to you. You typed your number and than put his into your phone. Before putting your phone back you checked the time.

"We should probably go back to dinner." You said.

"Okay." You slipped his jacket off your shoulders and handed it back to him. He took it back and then kissed your forehead before walking back inside. You smiled to yourself before following him. Maybe it would be okay. It wasn't perfect, but maybe it didn't have to be. You and Takashi could work out the problems as they came. And at least you knew the guy you were engaged to. Well sort of.

Sorry it's late. But I hope you all had a great Christmas! I did. I got the only two things I really wanted plus a new blanket. I hope you got everything you asked for. Enjoy this Takashi Morinozuka one shot I made.

Feel free to make requests.

Avery L.