Everything you ever wanted - Kyoya Ootori Part 2

It's been so long
Since you've been home
I used to wait up forever
I used to say a prayer
Wishing you were here
And I'm still waiting

No matter how many times you texted and called him he wouldn't respond. He had told you late Saturday night that he'd come by Sunday morning. It was Sunday afternoon and he hadn't responded to any of your texts or calls.

You told me once
You'd show up
But I fell for that
Before I fell to pieces

You were washing dishes. And your father walked in.

"You aren't done yet?" He asked. You shook your head. "You useless brat. I feed you, clothe you, let you live under my roof and this is how you repay me?!" His hand came up and you felt the familiar sting. Tears threatened to spill.

"I'm sorry. I'll try harder." You whispered. He backhanded you and you fell. Your head hit the edge counter and you blacked out.

Then I woke up
To no one
Just a picture of Jesus
And a house left in pieces

When you came to everything was quiet. You were still in the kitchen. You stood and realized that the dishes still weren't done. You emptied the sink and then filled it again. Your vision blurred with tears.

It took the seasons going by
To know it's not my fault

And that was how Kyoya found you. Sobbing, up to your elbows in soapy dishwater. You knew you looked horrible. You hadn't slept well the night before so you had bags under your eyes and you hadn't had a chance to shower so your hair was a rat's nest and you didn't smell very good. But he didn't look much better. He too had bags under his eyes and his hair was standing every which way.

I tried to be perfect

He wrapped his arms around you and you sobbed into his chest. He rested his head on top of yours and tightened his grip on your waist.

"What wrong?" He finally asked.

Tried to be honest

"Nothing I do is ever good enough." You got out between sobs.

"I know." He replied. Knowing he understood made you cry harder. Nobody should have to go through what you had gone through.

Tried to be everything that you ever wanted

You pulled away from him and ran to your room.

"(Y/N)?" Kyoya came after you. You closed and locked your bedroom door. You put your back to the door and slid down to the floor, still crying. Kyoya pounded on the door.

"(Y/N)? Please let me in?" He pleaded.

I tried to be stronger

Your father's voice ran through the your head. Screaming, taunting. Useless. Foolish. Stupid. Ignorant. Shit. Bitch. Insolent. You sobbed harder.

"(Y/N)? Please." Kyoya pounded on the door for another few seconds before dropping to his knees and resting his forehead against the door. "I don't know how to do this." He whispered.

Tried to be smarter

"I can't do this anymore!" You told him though the door. "I-I-I have to leave." Kyoya pulled away from the door and stared at it wide eyed.

"No! You can't! I-" He didn't even know what to say.

Silence settled over the house. Five minutes pass. Then ten. Twenty. Before long an entire hour had passed. You stood and slowly opened the door. Kyoya looked up at you from is position on floor. His face was red, eyes bloodshot. You probably looked the same. He stood and you instantly wrapped your arms around his waist. You stood there like that for a few minutes before Kyoya said,

Tried to be everything but you

"Don't leave."

"I can't stay in this house any longer."

"Where will you go? What will you do?"

"I'll get a job. Once I have enough money I'll find a place to live. I already have a bit saved up." Silence settled over you again.

"I'll come with you." Kyoya said at last.

I wanted you
I need you
I wanted to believe you
I wanted you
I need you
I wanted to believe you

"What?"

"I have a very large sum of money hidden away. Enough to get us a place to live. And I could find a job as well." You couldn't believe what you were hearing.

"What about your father?"

"He couldn't care less what I do. Nothing I do will ever be good enough for him."

I tried to be perfect

"Are completely positive you're willing to do this, because I'm not backing out." He looked into your eyes for a moment and saw your sincerity. He became oddly affectionate. He smiled softly and cupped your face.

"I am completely, 100% positive."

"Everything's going to work out somehow." You said hoping you sounded convincing.

Tried to be honest

And you did it. Three weeks and a lot of planning and you did it. You packed up your bags and left.   Kyoya left with you. You found a cheap one bedroom apartment and both of you found jobs. Him more easily than you, but everyone knows the name Ootori.

Tried to be everything you ever wanted

It most definitely wasn't perfect, but it was enough. Before long the two of you had routines and a life as if you hadn't left because your fathers were abusive. You went to night school and you got a better job. He moved up the ranks at his job and eventually he bought a house for the two of you.

I tried to be stronger

Your relationship grew and blossomed. Neither of you were keen on physical contact, but that didn't mean you never touched. You kissed, you held hands occasionally and even danced sometimes.

Tried to be smarter

You cut off all ties with your parents. He still spoke with his mother and his sister, but as far as you knew he had no contact with his father.

Tried to be everything but you

You would be okay. With Kyoya by your side there was nothing you couldn't do.

+++++
This is like three years late but enjoy!

Avery L.