☆゚

☆゚.*・。゚.*・。゚☆゚

Yoongi doesn't normally run the register for various reasons. The main one being that he dislikes interacting with rude, cranky and just outright obnoxious customers in the morning. He believes that it's probably because most of them haven't had their daily dose of caffeine yet and he can't blame them since he acts the same way.

'Why work there at all then?' people would ask him. The obvious answer was because he was good at it and well, being the barista, he normally has minimal contact with people aside from the other boy who preps drinks with him, Hoseok.

The kid's alright in Yoongi's opinion. A little loud and overly cheery at most times but, he doesn't mind since it balances out the feeling of fatigue that people seem to bring in.

And as long as things stay like that Yoongi doesn't feel too grouchy at work.

So it's to his absolute horror when his manager tells him that he'll have to take the position as cashier for the day. His first question is 'why?' and the answer is simply 'because the normal guy called in sick abruptly.'

'This won't be too bad.' He tells himself before the doors open, trying to force his pessimistic thoughts into a corner as he grips onto the edge of the granite counter. And for a second he thinks he'll be alright.

It doesn't last for long as the bell on the door chimes, and the first person to walk in has an irritable look on his face. As expected, the customer is bad-tempered and it irks Yoongi to no end but, what can he really do about it besides force a smile and nod?

The only thing that keeps his mood remotely leveled is the fact that the window is at a perfect angle, allowing him to spot the familiar tuff of pink hair from across the street as he stands behind the counter.

Seeing him makes dealing with people more tolerable, and Yoongi begins to wonder if what he feels is more than just a little infatuation for the boy.

He knows there's more to it than just a little crush and he's sure that his emotions will bloom into something a lot bigger if he doesn't stop.

But does he want to stop?

No, if anything he wants the exact opposite.

There's a flutter in his chest, something that also nags in his mind, telling him to get to know the other better.

And he will.

As soon as he figures out how to without having to buy a plant every time he wants to see Jimin because Seokjin might start chucking them out the window if he doesn't cease.

After a gruelling day of taking down orders, an endless sea of customers, and asking and re-asking for names, Yoongi is more than relieved as night seems to finally fall. Although it technically isn't closing time yet, it doesn't stop the two of them from cleaning the place up.