Chapter 1

A/N Well here's the first chapter of the rewrite. You will probably notice that the chapter is longer than the first chapter of the old version since most of the chapters in it are quite short. I've added a bit more detail rather than rushing right to the important moments. anyway, enjoy.

Percy's Point of view

I was Helping a son of Hermes with his swordsmanship, I remembered that his name was Kevin, and he had been having a tough time learning how to use a sword, so I'd agreed to try and help him out. We fought so I could see how good he already was and Eventually I disarmed him with the technique Luke had taught me before giving him a few more tips on how to improve. After that, I left the sword arena and started looking for Annabeth.

I was nervous since I was planning to propose to her later today. I knew I loved her and I was pretty sure that she loved me too but I was still nervous that she'd refuse. It seemed my nerves were justified since that day certainly didn't end the way I'd hoped. When I was looking for Annabeth I got distracted and bumped into someone, that someone ended up being Annabeth's half-brother and second in command Malcolm.

I apologized for bumping into him before I asked, "Do you know where Annabeth is?"

He answered, "Yeah last time I saw her she was in our mom's cabin working on something,"

I thanked him and then started in the direction of the Athena cabin. When I got there, I went inside and went over to Annabeth who was sitting at the desk working on something. I didn't have the slightest idea what it was, but I didn't bother asking since it probably wouldn't make much sense to me anyway.

"Annabeth will you meet me at the beach after dinner?" I asked, a little nervous even then even though I hadn't asked the big question yet. Although it probably sounded crazy I was still nervous that Annabeth would refuse when I did ask her. I thought I had a pretty good idea of how she felt about me but despite that, I couldn't help but worry.

I just had a feeling that something would go wrong, and I hoped that Annabeth wouldn't refuse. As the rest of that day passed I just couldn't shake my nerves. instead, I just tried to hide them since no one else knew what I planned to do. After dinner, I walked to the beach and Annabeth was there waiting for me. As I walked toward her I could see that her expression was different than it normally was around me. Normally when we spend time together her happiness would be obvious since it shined through in her bright smile and her normally intimidating gray eyes. That night though, she didn't seem happy, she just looked calm and determined. Before I could say anything, Annabeth spoke first. She said, "Percy we need to talk,"

At those words, I got even more worried since that phrase doesn't usually mean anything good. I was wondering what was wrong, had I done something wrong? Did she not feel the same way about me that I did her? I thought of the ring box that was in my pocket and it seemed to get heavier as I started to think that maybe this night wouldn't end the way I had hoped and that all the worries I'd had almost all day might have been justified.

I found the nerve to ask, "Annabeth, what's wrong?"

She replied, "It's me, I should have realized it before now, I can't work on Olympus and be with you, besides, I don't feel it anymore, and you've gotten us in more trouble than most demigods have to go through. I think I've had enough,"

After those words left her mouth I was hoping I heard her wrong, or misunderstood her. I know I probably sounded like an idiot, but I couldn't believe the words that had just come out of her mouth. Due to that, I had to ask, "Enough of what?"