Chapter 6

Percy's Point of view

A month eventually went by as I trained with Apollo, went to council meetings, and visited my mom and Tyson. I didn't really have much time to really think about my problems so Annabeth's betrayal eventually got shoved to the back of my mind where it didn't bother me as much. Don't get me wrong I was still extremely annoyed with her, but I wasn't as upset about her leaving me as I had been. I didn't cry like a baby anymore when I thought about what she'd done to me So I guess I was at least starting to move on.

One day I was going to visit my mom, but when I got to the apartment I realized that my dad had the same idea since he had obviously gotten there not long before me. I decided I would just let them be so I said I'd come back later and left to let them do whatever they were going to do. I knew that they seemed to be getting back together And honestly I was happy for them so I decided to just let them be.

Instead, I decided I would just take some time to think about everything that had been going on. Using the mist to hide my real eye colour I went for a walk in central park. I walked for a while, not really paying attention to any of the mortals I passed since I was mostly focused on my own thoughts. I eventually became so lost in thought that I eventually bumped into someone due to my distraction.

I was jolted from my thoughts and I realised that the person I'd bumped into was a woman. She looked to be in her early twenties, maybe twenty-one or twenty-two. I reached my hand out to help her up and she accepted it. I helped her back to her feet, and then I said, "Sorry about that, I should have been paying more attention to where I was going,"

She replied, "It's okay, I wasn't really being careful enough either,"

She seemed almost nervous or something, although I wasn't sure why. I had to admit that she was attractive, She had long blonde hair that was currently tied back in a ponytail. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of blue. she was dressed casually in denim shorts and a tee shirt with a flower pattern on it. A blue purse also hung over her shoulder. She also had gold hoop earrings in her ears.

I was taken by surprise when she complimented me on my eye colour, my new eye colour that I'd been hiding via the mist. Any of the other mortals I'd passed would have seen me with sea green eyes if they'd bothered to look at me at all, but it was obvious to me now that she had to be clear-sighted since that would have been the only way she could have seen my real eye colour.

I could tell that she definitely wasn't a demigod, so clear sight was the only explanation. Trying to hide my surprise I thanked her for the compliment, and then she introduced herself saying, "I'm Amber Smith,"

She held out her hand for me to shake. Shaking her hand I replied, "Percy Jackson,"

"Percy? Is that a nickname?" she asked, seeming slightly surprised.

She's smart, I thought, since she seemed to be figuring out all my ways of hiding my real identity.

Deciding to tell her the truth I admitted, "Yeah, technically my name is Perseus, but I prefer Percy,"

"Like the hero and god from Greek mythology, that's not a very common name," she commented, sounding kind of surprised.

I was surprised once again since most mortals don't really bother to learn about the Greek "myths" I knew that most mortals would maybe learn about some of the "myths" in school, and then never really think about them again since they aren't exactly something that mortals needed to know to get a job and go through life. The gods making the mortals aware of me meant that they knew about the original Perseus, the son of Zeus who I was named after, but now they also knew of me and thought that I had been one of the gods since Ancient times as well.