Chapter 3

Percy's Point of view

As the gods continued to bicker about what to do I was trying to decide how to answer if they did decide to go along with dad's idea. I knew that becoming a god could be a new start for me, but was that what I really wanted? It was hard to make up my mind with the gods yelling, and it seemed like I wasn't the only person annoyed by the bickering. Hestia raised her voice to be heard over the others and said, "Enough! this yelling isn't getting us anywhere we need to make a decision!"

After Hestia practically yelled at them the rest of the Olympians shut up, I guess when Hestia yells the others know it's best not to argue. The gods talked more quietly for a bit before Zeus finally said, "I can't believe I'm saying this but Poseidon is right, all in favour of making Perseus Jackson a god and a member of this council?"

Most of the gods raised their hands I noticed that Dionysus hadn't, but then again he has never really liked me to begin with. For that matter, he seems to hate all demigods except for his own kids. Even Ares raised his hand, although I guessed he only did it for the same reason he'd been pleased with me getting offered immortality the last time and that was because he could beat me up and I would just come back.

As for the others, my dad's speech must have really gotten through to them. I was honestly surprised that so many of them had agreed to it. As I was still thinking about what I wanted to do Dad looked at me with a hopeful expression and asked, "Son will you accept?"

I thought for a minute I could forget about Annabeth, I wouldn't have to worry about monster attacks or the gods possibly trying to kill me. It could be a new start, Deciding that it was my best option at that moment since I'm pretty sure the look on Zeus' face meant that if I didn't accept this time he might try to blast me with his master bolt. Regardless of whether he would or not I decided I wanted a change so I said, "It would be an honour to become a god and a member of the Olympian council,"

After those words left my mouth Dad looked to be the happiest I had ever seen him he had a bright smile on his face as he looked at me happily, I knew he was proud of everything I'd done over the years, and he had told me before that I was his favourite son. Without a word The gods stood and began chanting in ancient Greek, I only understood bits and pieces of what they said but I guessed that they were beginning the process of making me a god, whatever that was.

I stood there not feeling any different until I saw a ball of golden light form in front of the gods, it seemed to float there for a moment before it started coming toward me. When it reached me it entered my chest and that's when I felt it, I felt excruciating pain similar to how I felt when I bathed in the river Styx I managed to keep it the scream that was threatening to escape my mouth.

When it stopped I could see that my dad was looking down at me worriedly. That was when I saw a flash and seconds later I saw the fates standing in front of me. I'd seen them three times before and honestly, that was three more times than I wanted to see them but anyway, after they appeared they announced, "All hail Perseus Jackson god of time, waves, tides, swordsmanship, loyalty, and heroes. The fifteenth Olympian,"

The gods looked rather shocked by me getting time as one of my domains and honestly I was as well. Looking at the fates Zeus said in confusion and annoyance, "But heroes are my son's domain,"

The fates replied, "We believe Perseus is more deserving of the title, we also wish for him to have more freedom from the ancient laws so he can help your children when they need it since you seem to believe that they don't," basically the fates gave us all a general idea of what laws I would have to follow, and what ones I didn't. Once that was over with the fates left just as quickly as they had come. Moments after the fates left, I passed out, I guess my body was still adjusting to all the changes that had just happened and all the new power I had.