Chapter 13

A/N Well this took way longer than I hoped it would. I had a hard time finishing the last couple of pages of this chapter. It is kind of similar to what happened in the first version, but I still think it's better than the original. The last thing I'm going to say is, you may or may not have noticed it but I posted a new story a few days ago. It is another Percy Jackson and Marvel crossover fanfic.  Just a warning I might end up rating it as mature because it is going to have a lot of violence, there was a literal torture scene in one of the chapters I've already posted. read it if you want it's called New Alliances. Anyway here's the chapter you've been waiting for. 

Percy's Point of view

When I saw the pilum flying at me I reacted quickly, I used my time powers to slow it down enough that once it reached me I was able to grab it easily rather than being skewered. I knew someone had obviously thrown it but I didn't see who or even where exactly they were. I had thought everyone left at Camp Jupiter liked me, apparently not.

After I avoided being stabbed Jupiter spoke up again, "Praetors, make sure you find out who did that, and that they receive the proper punishment!"

"We will my lord," Reyna promised. She was clearly just as shocked as we were by the unexpected attack. Honestly, I wasn't too concerned about the whole situation, sure it would be nice to know who tried to kill me and they should definitely make sure that they won't try something like that again, I just didn't think the person was much of a threat to me. I was a god after all, and I was learning my powers quickly so I was sure I could easily defeat whatever demigod or legacy had tried to kill me.

The other gods started to leave, Jupiter and Juno were the first ones to leave, but the others soon followed. while they were leaving I started walking toward the assembled legionaries. Although I was headed toward Reyna, Frank, and Hazel in particular. While I walked toward them I looked at the shaft of the Pilum to see what number was on it, that would probably tell us which cohort the person who attacked me was in. I figured that knowing that would help Frank and Reyna get started on finding out who had thrown it.

My mom was still with me so she followed me over to meet my friends. I introduced them to her, and we all spoke for a while. They already knew what my domains were, so Hazel asked me if I'd manipulated time in order to stop the pilum. I confirmed that I had. I also told them what number was on the Pilum. I was probably going to leave soon, but before I did there was one more thing I wanted to do while I was there.

While I was talking to my friends, I had made a decision. I knew I wouldn't visit camp Jupiter every day so I wanted to have someone there who would contact me if they noticed anything unusual occurring that the praetors couldn't take care of themselves. I also wanted the person to be able to help protect the camp. I would also give them more power to help with protecting the camp while I couldn't be there.

I chose Reyna to be that person since I trusted her and she knows the camp like the back of her hand since she's been there for a long time. Not only that but being a praetor would help her fulfill the role. I told the others that I wanted to speak to her alone for a minute, and then we went to the Principia. I explained the role I had come up with for her and she agreed to it. After that, I gave her my full blessing. I would also come back soon to help her train with the new abilities I'd given her. Eventually, Mom and I left, I knew I would see Frank, Hazel, and Reyna again soon enough since I would visit the camp frequently because I am the god of heroes.

After Mom and I left Camp Jupiter we went to my dad's palace Dad told me about what had happened at the meeting while I was gone and I was pretty surprised that Athena had defended me against her own daughter. I could tell that Dad was still angry from the attack at Camp Jupiter and I think he wanted to find the person who did it himself. Mom and I managed to calm him down and convinced him to let Frank and Reyna handle it. If they didn't figure it out I could go use my powers to help find out who had attacked me.