Heartbreak

Merlin's POV

It had been six months since Arthur and I confessed our love for one another. Life was fantastic, ok we had to keep our relationship secret but it was amazing. I think Uther has started to suspect something but he can't hurt me without any prove, we are always careful and never get caught. As well as myself and Arthur three other people know about us: Gwaine, Gaius and Gwen but I trust them with my life. Happily I strolled in to my princes chambers and he was lying shirtless on his bed. "Well that's a nice sight in the morning." I laughed. He glanced in my direction and smirked. "Get over here." He demanded. I headed towards his bed and he grabbed my arms, he pulled me on top of him. "Arthur what if someone walks in." "Shut up and kiss me." I gave in and placed my lips on Arthur's, he pulled my waist in to his stomach as I did. Moaning in to the kiss I pulled his hair and started to present my tongue. I climbed off him and sat in his chair. "You should probably get ready Arthur." He groaned "Ok darling." 

Uther burst through the doors; it was so violent he shook the whole room. "Father what on earth are you doing?" Arthur exclaimed. Ignoring his son he charged towards me and grabbed my collar. "You boy, I'm going to execute you." I tried to speak but couldn't as he was at this point strangling me. "Father let go of him what the hell is all of this about?" Uther had anger in eyes and as he spat he replied "You two have been having a secret relationship and I want this filth executed." Arthur looked at the floor and gingerly questioned "Who told you?" The king roared "That stupid fool who is always drunk. Anyway you are not denying it." Tears started to roll down my cheeks. It was Gwaine. One of my closest friends had told Uther about us. Uther took my wrists and started to drag me out of Arthur's chambers. "NO you can't execute him, he's all I have, father I love him." The disgusted king turned to face his son and hissed "you are no son of mine." "Merlin I love you." "I love you more." I replied as the tears covered my face and I was thrown out of the prince's chambers. 

*THREE DAYS LATER* 

Arthur's POV

My Merlin was gone, killed by my own father who had now abandoned me. With the love of my life dead and my father unable to look at me I truly was alone. I felt so empty. I wanted to scream, cry, hurt someone but most of all I wanted him back. There was a knock on my door. "Enter" the word croaked out of my mouth. It was Gwaine. The traitor. It took everything in me not to grab my sword and slice him in half. "Get out." I shouted. He walked towards me slowly, "please Arthur I can explain, I had my reasons for telling Uther and if I'd known he would execute Merlin I would have kept quiet." I rolled my eyes. "I don't want your excuses. He trusted you and so did I. You were meant to be his best friend and now because of you I have lost the person who meant the most to me. I never want to see you again." He started to cry "Arthur please." Fury and rage took over me. "GET OUT OF HERE NOW." I swung my fist and it hit his face. He scrambled to his feet and ran out the door. My eyes began to fill with tears and my back slid down the wall until I reached the floor. Curled up in a ball I started to whisper "Merlin, I will never forget you. I love you. Sleep tight"