The Two Kings Of Camelot

Arthur took Merlin's hand and led him towards the large oak tree that towered over them. "Four years ago, in this very spot I shared my first kiss with my true love." Merlin smiled and replied "Yes I know I was there." Arthur shoved the serving boy and they began to chuckle. "Turn around." The young Pendragon requested. Merlin instantly spun around and gasped at what he saw. It was a beautifully laid picnic packed with fruits and meats, decorated with flowers and leaves almost identical to the picnic they shared on their first date. They sat, ate and laughed all through the afternoon.

After they had eaten what they could Merlin rested his head on Arthur's lap and the King began to stroke his lover's hair. "Merlin, I need to ask you something." The young boy, looking worried, slowly lifted his head up and quizzically spoke "What is it?" Arthur brushed his hand over Merlin's cheek and responded "It's nothing bad my dear." "Merlin you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Before you came in to my life I didn't think I would ever find love. But you opened my eyes to it. Not just that but you taught me the joys of magic and other things. Four years with you, most of it hidden, has been wonderful. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, out in the open and proud." Arthur spoke without even taking a breath.

Merlin sat watching Arthur's lips as they moved. The king then proceeded to get on to one knee and he asked "Merlin will you do me the honour of becoming my husband and second king to Camelot?" A few moments passed and Merlin finally managed to speak "Yes of course I will." Arthur burst with joy and wrapped his arms around his fiancée. Merlin pulled out of the embrace and looked in to the eyes of his future husband. He slowly pressed his lips upon his kings and they shared a passionate kiss.

Arthur stood tall and looked out at the people of Camelot. "Ladies and gentlemen I have some good news. Merlin is soon to become my husband which means you will have another king." It all fell silent and then the mixed reactions came. Some people clapped and cheered whilst other booed and shouted remarks such as "Disgusting." "Queer." The king held out his hand and Merlin entwined his fingers with Arthur's. The young Pendragon spoke. "Thank you for the kind regards. And to those who booed and shouted abuse. I don't want that in my kingdom. This is a place where we accept everyone. No matter what race, religion, sexuality or if they have magic. If you don't like that you can get out of my lands."

*The day of the wedding and Merlin's coronation*

Merlin paced back and forth in his chambers trying to frantically knot his tie. Gaius chuckled and aided him. "My boy. Getting married. To the king, who would have thought that?" The young sorcerer smiled and replied "I won't desert you when I'm married and I don't expect you to bow." Gaius offered his arm, Merlin linked it with his and they walked to the great hall together. Arthur watched every step Merlin took as he walked up the aisle. The king smiled and felt tears beginning to form in his eyes. Once they were next to each other the priest began the service.

"I now pronounce you husband and husband, you may kiss one another." Arthur pulled Merlin in and their lips came crashing down on each other's. They could have stayed like that forever but quickly remembered they were in public.

Arthur stood in front of his throne and Merlin knelt before him. They were finally married and the last step was to crown Merlin as king. Arthur placed the crown on to his husbands head and spoke "I know pronounce you Merlin king of Camelot." The guests, knights and friends who were gathered in the hall began to chant "Long live the king. Long live the king." The two kings of Camelot took their places on their thrones. Merlin turned to Arthur and whispered "I love you." Arthur smirked and took hold of Merlin's hand and he replied "I love you too, husband."