The Sorcerer's Secret Revealed

With a flash of gold and a chant under my breath the book began to levitate. I was in my room practicing general magic; I was getting better and better as the days went on. I had been in Camelot for just over a year now and managed to keep my magic hidden. Sometimes I wonder how Arthur hasn't found out yet, we spend so much time together and he is the person I tend to use it for. If I was given a coin each time I have used magic for the good of Camelot and its king and prince I would be rich. 

Strolling through the castle corridors I hummed softly to myself and gazed at all the maids rushing round the place. I swung the door open and skipped happily in to Arthur's chambers. "Merlin, you seem very happy today." I smiled and responded "Yes I am sire." Arthur let out a small grin "I'm glad." I liked Arthur. At first I couldn't stand him. He would boss me around and I didn't like the way he treated me but now it's different. Ever since he risked his own life to save mine I have seen him in a different light. Was I in love with the man? I don't know, but of course that would not be allowed. He makes me happy and I care for him. He is a true friend. "Merlin we are going hunting today, I need you to prepare the horses." Hunting, it was ever so boring and cruel but I nodded and answered "Yes sire." The prince chuckled and muttered "Merlin I told you when we are alone you can call me Arthur." I roll my eyes and sarcastically answer "Ok, yes Arthur." The young Pendragon sniggered and patted my shoulder as he walked past.

Arthur's POV

We set off on the journey to the forest. Merlin was to my left and my knights were behind us. I couldn't help but turn to face Merlin, he made me smile. I don't know how I feel about him some days I can see myself expressing my love for him and others I see us as good friends. All I know right now is I am blessed to have him in my life and would protect his at all costs. 

Edging close up to a deer, we hear bandits and they come charging towards us. I try to fight as many of them off as I can but start to become weak. My leg gets slashed in to and I find myself lost. No knights but worst of all no Merlin. Wounded and on my own, how will I ever return home? One of the bandits has noticed me and starts to run towards me. Out of nowhere a massive light flashes in the air and he is sent flying backwards. Sorcery it has to be. 

I squint to try and find the criminal but instead I see Merlin stood a few feet away from me. "Merlin have you seen anyone run away from here?" "Arthur." My young servant exclaimed. "Merlin it is vital." "Arthur" he yelled. I paused and then I knew. "Oh my god, it was you wasn't it? You're a sorcerer." Our eyes met and his were full of hot tears that started to trickle down his face. "I wanted to tell you." Fuming I began to shout "How can you serve alongside me and advise me on not allowing sorcerers to live when you decided to learn the practice yourself?" Merlin whispered "I didn't choose it I was born with it." I rolled my eyes and replied "And to think I was questioning if I was in love with you." Not realising what I had just said I stormed off to sit by myself.

Merlin's POV

Did he actually just say that? He might love me, well he might have loved me and I've ruined any chance of that. I slowly edged towards him and sat down. "Arthur I need to fix your wound." He looked away but replied "No don't touch me." I decided to sit right in front of him so he couldn't ignore me. "Arthur please." The tears poured from my eyes like a flooded tap. "Arthur I only use my magic to protect you, I have saved your life hundreds of times." Arthur turned his head gently and looked in to my eyes. I could see the hurt and pain but also the love. He whispered "You've saved my life? I can't believe you never took any credit." I giggled "That's not why I do it." With less hurt in his eyes he asked "Why is it then?" I answered "Well you're my prince and I live to serve you but the reason I have saved you is not just because I'm your servant but it's because I think I love you too." It all fell silent for a while and I decided to speak again. "I was so worried how you would react whether you'd send me to my death but worst of all I feared you would hate me."The prince took hold of my hand and whispered "I could never hate you because all of this has made me realise just how much I love you."