i.

“Baby gay!” Soonyoung shouts from the kitchen.

Wonwoo rolls his eyes at the nickname which Soonyoung more than often uses for him. He doesn't respond, instead chooses to continue writing his very delayed essay for college.

“My baby gay?” Soonyoung opens the door. Wonwoo has half a mind to just throw his pillow at Soonyoung to avoid seeing his annoying face. But then again, essay is more important. Also his back is weak, and without a pillow he'll most probably end up with a back sprain in a few jolly hours.

“Yes, you bastard?” Wonwoo smiles.

Soonyoung rolls his eyes and throws a piece of crumpled paper at him, before shutting the door.

Wonwoo rolls the paper open, groaning when he reads the letters. He's behind rent. Again . It's not his fault he's a 19 year old handsome man who has no financial support from his family, with a shitty paying cafe by the corner being his only source of income.

Him and Soonyoung agreed to split up the rent, as both were not stable enough to pay the rent for an apartment wholly. Soonyoung still got better payment than him, reason him being a model.

And though he knows after Soonyoung got his modelling job, he is financially capable to pay the whole rent. But it's against his pride so no matter what, he'll never ask for Soonyoung to pay his part of the rent as well.

He whines and buries his face in his pillow, letting out a strangled scream of sorrow and pity.

“You do know I can hear you from here.” Soonyoung speaks, his ass glued to the sofa in the living room. Literally, the man’s half a life gets spent lazing around on the couch.

He doesn't say anything in response to Soonyoung, which he immediately regrets as seconds later he enters his room.

“Go away, I'll cry if I see your stupid face.” Wonwoo mumbles.

“Aww, baby gay, don't be sad." Soonyoung pinches his cheeks. Wonwoo swats his hand away.

“Jesus fucking Christ, don't call me that.” Wonwoo hisses.

“I'm never gonna stop calling you that.” Soonyoung winks and Wonwoo is. Disgusted.

“Seriously, what does Junhui sees in you.” Wonwoo shakes his head, before whining and burying his face in the pillow again. “I'm behind rent again.”

“You know you wouldn't have been cranky like this is you would've let me fucking pay.”

Wonwoo shakes his head. “I know you're my best friend and shit but no, you know this head is too thick and my pride is too huge.” Wonwoo taps his skull.

Soonyoung rolls his eyes. “I'm gonna find a way for you to pay rent.”

“Soonyoung, I swear to god if it's like last time when you got me a job in this 1960s themed restaurant and I had to wear that fucking red–”

“That was a very good skirt.” Soonyoung points out.

Wonwoo takes a deep breath in, before saying, “I'm not doing it again, if that's what you mean. Get me a decent, I repeat– ‘decent’ job and then I'm in.” 

“Okayy.” Soonyoung sings. He gets up and just before he shuts the door, he says, “But remember, by ‘decent’, I'm gonna find jobs of my level of decent.” with that he goes out, and Wonwoo has a feeling that he'll be regretting his decision of giving Soonyoung permission to help him.

_____

Wonwoo flops down on the bed as soon as he returns home. He's so fucking exhausted he doesn't even have energy to relieve some stress and masturbate. He had to rush for the cafe for his shift as soon as his classes ended and this really angry customer shouted at him for getting her coffee mixed up.