Shot 28: A Warm Christmas Morning ~Joshua~

The grand ballroom in Nobel Michel fills with countless aristocrats. Decorated with many extravagant Christmas trees which surrounds the hall; hand-made reefs hung high on the walls, but the most eye-catching decoration is the grandiose Christmas tree at the centre of the gold ballroom. Ornamented with glittering balls and tiny angels, a large crystal star sparkles at the very peak of the resplendent tree.

The flamboyant ball is loud with laughter and merry. The annual Christmas Eve ball held in Nobel Michel is always extravagant than before.

Hidden away in a corner of the ballroom, Zain and you are enjoying a wonderful time together. "Miss, it seems that you are enjoying this year's annual Christmas ball."

"Yes, of course!" You reply with a bright small. Holding a tall, sleek champagne glass with your gloved hand, the glistening gold liquid shimmers everytime it moves. "The hall is decorated to its best and the food is wonderfully made!"

Zain's smile widens. "Then I'll pass on that complement to His Grace and the Head Chef."

However, off from the distance a prince stands watching the two happily chat with each other. Seeing your smile stretch and eyes sparkling more as you and Zain spend time with each other made him jealous.

'Please pay as much attention to me.'

~*~

"_____, it's time to leave." Joshua walks up to you and Zain, not caring if he interrupted your conversation with him. "Jan has the private jet ready and the pilot is waiting." 

You look at the emotionless prince. "But I'm in the middle of a conversation with Zain." 

"Parden me, Your Highness, Miss." With that, Zain left you two alone.

Watching his back fade into the sea of people attending the Christmas Eve ball, you look over at Joshua. 

"Ready now?" Waiting impatiently, he looks down at his watch. 

"Hmmm," You drink the remaining sparkling champagne. "I would still prefer to stay until the ball ends."

~*~

The living room is much different when you left. You never thought that you'll witness the living room to have so many vibrant colours. Red, green, gold, silver, and many more vibrant colours dominated the bleak colours of the living room that you were always bored of. 

Vivid red ribbons tied in large bows hung across the walls, connecting with each and every one of them; bright white lights wrapped around green reefs hung onto the walls; stockings are pinned above the warm, burning fireplace; strawberry cake, chocolate mousse torte and an assortment of cute cream puffs lined up on the mahogany table and wine bottles are in their silver bowls, keeping them cold; and lastly, the Christmas tree adorned with multicolour Christmas lights flickering on and off, ornaments ranging from tiny, sweet angels to big glitter balls hung on the green branches but on the very top, a magnificent gold star sits at the very top.

The warm smell of Christmas welcomes you and Joshua back in your home in Dres Van. Your eyes brim with tears and your hand holding Joshua's squeezes.

"Did you plan all of this?" You continue to admire the amazing transformation.

Joshua's amethyst eyes glow as they look down at you. "Yes, Jan said that you like Christmas a lot but I never thought that you'll like it this much." 

You glance up at the prince and smile. "I love it," You release his hand from yours and wrap your arms around him. "Thank you."

~*~

"The pastries are delicious!" You sit back down on the warm velvet coach, sighing after the last bite of a chocolate cream puff. Changed out fo your formal wear, you and Joshua sits together and ate the pastries on the table side by side. "One of the best pastries I've ever tasted." Lifting up a glass of red wine, you embrace the fire rushing down your throat. 

Listening to Christmas carols being played in the living room, this is one of the rare moments you and Joshua shared together in peace, happily. Undisturbed by royal duties, Jan and a certain neighbourhood prince, you continue to enjoy the night.

"But eating it with you makes it tastier." You smile, glancing at the flushed prince. "Spending Christmas Eve with you is good enough but I hope we can spend some more private times tomorrow." You put the wine glass down and lean your head against Joshua's shoulder.

"You are really... what do you plan to do after 12?" You glance over at the grandfather clock next to the fireplace and saw the two hands not too far apart. "Is there anything else you want to do?"

"Hmmm, just being with you is fine by me." You smile, the warm feeling in your heart spreading all around your body at the sudden confession. You sit back up and lock eyes with the Joshua. "What do you want to do? Is there anything you want me to do in the next..." You count the exact number of minutes left until Christmas. "2 minutes?"

Joshua smiles and wraps his arms around you and gently pull you to his body. "If you have no wishes..." He whispers in your ear, tickling you with his breath. "I'll see that you'll grant mine." His voice is deep and thick that sent a burning fire of down your spine, similar to the sensation when you drank the wine.

"I'll do whatever you want." You blush, you heart racing loudly in your ribcage.

Joshua's hold loosens and he pulls back. "Then prepare to stay awake." Leaning his head forward, his lips touch on yours for the beginning of a passionate, hot holy night.