Chapter 21

Rhea did her best to avoid Eli over the next few days, and surprisingly it wasn't that hard to do. He didn't seek her out; he was busy with the band and Cassie. She spent a few days off the island shopping for supplies and spending time at the restaurant. Since Mason and Eli's visit, the money situation had improved and she was pleased to finally be caught up on all of the bills. Phoebe had been right about the restaurant as well. Eli's visit had increased interest and their sales we up for the month.

But what would happen when they all left? Sure, Eli had threatened to stay indefinitely but she didn't believe that he would. His life was in L.A.

The ferry horn sounded three times and she knew that it meant that Mason's family was on board. They were supposed to arrive and Mason had been dreading it all day. Eli's band had left on the previous day's afternoon ferry. The band members had all taken the time to seek her out to say goodbye and that they hoped to see her again soon, something that she doubted would ever happen.

Rhea walked through the hall towards the front door, opening it in welcome as the ferry docked. Mason came sauntering down the main staircase tucking in his shirt with a grin. "Cassie is right behind me, she got distracted."

Rhea rolled her eyes and smiled at Mason as he continued past her and onto the porch.

Eli stepped out of the living room and looked over at where she stood in the doorway. "Hello Sunny," he greeted.

"Hello Eli," she returned softly.

"Are you done avoiding me?" He smiled as he teased her.

"No," she couldn't help but smile back, watching as he walked towards her then walking with her onto the porch where Mason stood; watching the drama that was unfolding in front of him as luggage and people were disembarked in a haphazard manner.

They all watched for a moment before Eli took his chance and pulled Rhea towards him, stealing a kiss when she caught her off balance. The kiss automatically deepened even though she should be pulling away from him.

"Is this your girl Elias?" a lovely older woman with snow white hair and bright blue eyes asked. She had led the way down the path towards the house, carrying only herself.

"Yes Ms. Elizabeth, it is," he said not letting go of Rhea as he held her close.

"Good, it's past time that you found her." She turned to her son and patted his cheek. "Where's Cassie, go help your brothers with the luggage."

Cassie came rushing down the stairs and right into Elizabeth's arms. "How have you been dear?" she asked as hugged her tight in greeting.

"No, it's fine mother, I didn't want a hug, I'll just go get your luggage," Mason groused under his breath like a jealous teenager as he turned to join his siblings at the dock.

"Mason," Elizabeth said, her blue eyes full of amusement. "I missed you."

Mason turned bright red as he realized that she had heard what he had said. "I missed you too, Mom."

"Oh, Elias, we met your manager on the ferry, Ox Blood, or something strange like that, she had your ex-wife with her." Elizabeth threw the information out as if it was a common occurrence, but those that knew her knew that she didn't care for Onyx because Elizabeth never forgot a name.

Eli held Rhea closer, despite her attempt to wiggle free, as his eyes met Mason's over the top of Rhea's head. "You keep wiggling and your going to give me ideas," Eli whispered into her ear as Mason headed down the steps towards the boat with Cassie on his heels.

"Don't worry my dears, we're here, we'll help in any way we can," Elizabeth said as she watched Rhea wiggle to be free once more. "Elias, why don't you go and meet your manager, I'll have Rhea show me around."