Chapter 28 (The End)

Lola stayed with Rhea for the next few days and they talked and caught up, Lola told her about her time in New York and Rhea told her about her time in L.A. They also talked about Otto, and Lola admitted that she liked him and was eager to see where it was going with the two of them. They giggled like they had when they were school girls and it was nice for Rhea not to have rush off and cook, or care for Aion, or balance the books. Her time was her own, she should have been worried about the inn and restaurant but she wasn't.

The only problem was the plan. Wednesday had rolled around and there was still no plan. She and Lola were watching the local news and the commercials caught their attention, the first one was for a local charity event that was almost sold out. Elias Emory, Cassandra Stevens, Mason Stevens and a few other people, who were starring in Mason and Cassandra's movie, were hosting a fundraiser for the local hospital. The next commercial was for an interview with Elias Emory on one of the major network's news hours.

Rhea and Lola stayed glued to the television until Eli's face filled the screen. Rhea watched the interview closely, noting the changes in Eli as he became Elias Emory, he held himself differently and he even spoke in a different voice, it was deeper and more polished. Even his smile was for effect and lost its naturalness.

She watched it all, listened to all of the questions that Rainer asked and heard all of the answers, finding it hard to believe it was her he was talking about. As she watched him the plan formed and she knew what she had to do.

She reached for her phone and she texted Cassie, she didn't trust Mason and she told Cassie as much. Cassie agreed to her request and told her it was about time that she had gotten her act together because Eli had been a miserable grump who couldn't write a note over the last week, and at the rate he was going there would be a film but no music for it.

Rhea and Lola spent the next two days shopping for the perfect dress, spending the day at the spa, and getting manicures. When Saturday night arrived she barely looked like herself as she slipped into the beautiful yellow dress. It had to be yellow, she was Sunny after all. It had gauzy layers that fell past her knees a high empire waist with capped sleeves and she didn't want to trip so she had settled on a pair of flats. She had had her hair cut into layers that framed her face and made her look softer. Lola had kept her make-up simple and she was as ready as she would ever be.

Lola looked nice as well in a black velvet dress and high heels. Together they made their way to the waiting car and it was less than a five-minute drive to the theater. If it had been different circumstances she probably would have walked instead of taking a car.

The concert had already started and she and Lola walked up to Will-Call. When she gave her name the ticket sales girl did a double take and gave her a smile. "You're Sunny, aren't you?" she asked shyly.

Rhea nodded and blushed as she took the ticket.

"Wait here, please," she insisted as she picked up the phone and made a phone call.

Rhea felt the urge to run, unsure of what was coming next. She thought it might be a camera crew but it wasn't. Otto came out of a side door and waved at them.

"Come on, everyone's waiting," he said as he hustled them into the empty lobby. However, instead of going into the main auditorium they were led through a side door and into a small little room. "Wait here a minute."

He disappeared and Rhea looked at Lola.

"Don't ask me, I'm not in on this one, I promise."

They were silent until Otto's return a few minutes later but this time he had Mason and Cassie with him.