Home

Yes, Keith is very determined to succeed in his journey, but he didn't think the troubles he'll face. The first is learning how to walk.

Walking on two pair of fins is so complex, Keith struggles to keep himself up,"How can they do this!" He whined, clenching onto a glowing gem stuck in the cave's walls. As soon as he got the hang of it, he hears foot steps,"Keith! You here?" Lance yelled, walking along the stream,"Y-yeah!" Keith replied, still clenching on the rock for safety,"hel-" his speech was cut off by seeing Keith out of water for the first time.

Lance stares at Keith, but the most shocking thing was his "clothes" were they even clothes? They appeared to be rags. Teared up, muddy, and dirty, probably from years of rotting in the cave. It's obvious Keith didn't have a proper life style or even a home. This causes Lance to worry.

"Why are wearing those rags?" Lance asked, halting at Keith,"Um, they're to cover myself?" The response Keith gave was more of a question than a confident answer,"Keith are you...homeless?" Lance whimpers, fear contoured his face,"Well, I wouldn't exactly say "homeless", it's a more of a place to sleep." Keith answered, looking down at his feet,"What?" Lance exclaims, rushing towards Keith,"You're coming home with me!" Lance put Keith's arm on his shoulders, and helped him to walk.Lance's actions took Keith's words away.

'Why would he try to help him? Why is he doing this?' A million questions flooded Keith's mind like a water filling a glass cup.

After getting a few weird glances from the minors at the beach, They made their way to Lance's door. Keith is in awe of how big and different human's houses are. They're in so many colors, way bigger then some deformed coral Keith has been living in.

Lance takes out these weird shiny metals. They make such beautiful sounds as they collide with one another,"What's that?" Keith asks, pointing at them,"They're keys? Do you not now what keys are?" Lance questions, looking at Keith worriedly again,"M-maybe." Keith admits, he feels so stupid for not knowing these simple objects humans interact with everyday.

"This is worse than I thought." Lance mumbles, quickly inserting the key in and turning it to unlock the door. He turned the door knob, and pushed it open,"Home sweet home!" He shouts, sighing Lance gathers food for both of them,"You want some spaghetti?" Lance asks, turning his head to see Keith, aimlessly wondering his house and inspecting objects like they're artifacts. He giggles, amused about how Keith is so fascinated by everything, it's adorable.

As he stared at Keith, he notices the ugly blanket used a clothes,"Okay, we need to fix that." He mutters to himself. He walks upstairs, and he enters into his room. He searches for his older clothes, clothes that don't fit him anymore. He walks downstairs, holding a shirt with words saying "I'm tired" and a pajama pants with red flannel patterns on it. Lance rushed back down stairs and gives them to Keith.

He inspects them inquisitively,"Is this for me to wear?" He asks, struggling to figure out which goes where. Lance looks at Keith with wide eyes, surprised at the fact Keith is actually struggling with the pajamas,"Yeah, this," Lance grabs the pants,"is for your legs." He points to Keith's lower half body,"And this," again, he points to the shirt,"is supposed to cover your chest." He gestures to Keith's upper half of his body.

With a few more glances at the pajamas, Keith finally readies himself to put on the shirt, but Lance yells,"Wait! What are you doing?" He snatches the shirt from Keith's hands. He looks at Lance, clearly confused, the thing is Keith has never seen this cloth with holes in it.

Usually humans would just wear clothes on their bottoms, which he thinks are called pants? He doesn't really remember all the names of what humans posses, but he's pretty sure the bottoms are pants. If the bottom is pants then what is the top? He thought as he inspects it more.

The human just stares at him completely dumbfounded,"Have you ever seen a shirt?" Lance hisses, holding it up. Keith keeps appearing confused, Lance face palmed himself,"This is going to take a while to explain." He mumbles under his breath.

After teaching Keith all about the basics of clothes, which was odd, but Lance won't judge too harshly about it, they're having some hot spaghetti. Again, similar to the whole clothing charade, Lance had to teach Keith how to properly eat with the utensils, which is also something Lance didn't want to judge on too much due to making Keith feel like he was stupid, which is something Lance thinks that's not a trait Keith has.

Yes, Keith is learning quickly, but Lance feels like Keith must have been homeless for a long time to not know what a fork is, or how to put on a shirt. It bothers him, and Lance wants to help Keith.

"You know, if you like it here, do you want to have the guest room?" Lance asks, playing with his left over spaghetti. Keith momentarily stopped gobbling his second bowl of spaghetti and responded with his mouth full,"Yeah!" It kinda grossed out Lance,'Next lesson is going to be about manners.' He thinks to himself as he leads Keith into his room.

Walking towards the room, Lance starts to become a little insecure,"Sorry, if the room ain't as full or decorated as nice as the other rooms, but I didn't get much for this room." He explains, turning on the lights to the guest room or Keith's room. Keith's eyes widen in awe,"Don't worry! This is great!" Keith yells in happiness, as he jumps onto the soft and cozy bed,"This is really soft!" He whispers,"And I really like how it looks."

The room wasn't really pretty, but it was good in Keith's standard. The white walls only had one painting of the ocean on it, which is very beautiful, there's a desk and a chair to sit on and do work, and a bed with a dark color of grays and blacks with pillows lined up across. This is so much comforting than that coral thing he's been sleeping in.

Lance sighs in relief,"I'm glad you like it." He stands there, watching Leith snuggling up against the bed. This is something he wanted to see, happiness. He loves seeing the joy of others, it gives him a sense of accomplishment that's why he makes a lot of stupid jokes to make people laugh. And seeing Keith happy makes Lance even over flowing with joy.

"This is your home now Keith." Lance says softly, walking over to Keith's bed and sitting on it,"It is,?" Keith questions, he sits up next to Lance. Lance chuckles,"Of course!" He hugs Keith, hoping this will make him feel welcomed and a part of a family. Keith slowly hugs back,"Yes...this is my home now." Keith whispers, hugging tighter.

Finally, a place to call home.