Chapter 5

Hetty gasped as Callen bowed his head looking defeated.

"NO!" Sam said taking a step forward but stopping as Kort let the safety off the gun and pointed it right at Callen's head.

"You'll only kill him sooner." Kort said as Callen turned his head and slightly shook it warning Sam off.

Sam looked scared for his friend, and then Callen gave a slight smile and Sam's phone vibrated.

"On your feet, brother." Kort ordered and Callen stood keeping his hands in sight as he stood up.

Kort smiled at the people watching him, "I'm not totally heartless junior, I will allow you to say goodbye, they can't chase you and they can't stop me, this has been sanctioned, your model was defective."

"Yeah 'coz you were always so superior old man." Callen snapped at Kort.

Kort pushed him towards the door, "Move it." He snapped back and turned to the others, "If you follow us I'll kill him."

Sam looked worried at Callen and his phone vibrated again as Kort and Callen left the building.

Sam took his phone out and looked at it, two unknown messages…he opened them up and turned to Hetty.

"It's from G." he said.

She came over and looked at the messages.

"Sam, Don't worry, I'm going with Kort so I can get to Dan, Kensi and Deeks…will leave you clues, tell Eric to go to OPS. Will leave a marker. G."

Sam looked at Hetty. "A Marker?" he asked.

"A trail or clue maybe?" Hetty surmised as they went up to OPS. "What does the second message say?" She asked.

Sam opened it, "Hurry up, as soon as Kort gets to the car he will turn GPS off, the old guy has to be plugged in."

Sam walked faster to Ops.

His phone went again…. "Google Maps" the message said.

Eric looked up as Sam practically ran in the door. "Bring up the Google Map of the area." Sam ordered.

Eric looked behind Sam to Hetty who nodded in confirmation.

He pulled up the mission on the map and noticed a small blue dot, that was phasing in and out on the screen.

"What's that?" Eric asked.

Hetty smiled, "Mr. Callen." She said.

"He's fitting with a GPS?" Eric asked.

"Kinda…" Sam said with a smirk, "He IS the GPS."

Eric looked open mouthed as Sam watched the dot move.

"He's heading downtown.

"Sam, I'm coming with you." Owen said from the back of the room.

For once Sam just nodded grateful for the company and back up.

"The light's stopped; it's an old office complex downtown." Eric told them.

Sam's phone vibrated again and he looked at the message, "Stopped, have Eric shut down, Kort on line soon, go old school."

"Shut all screens down and bring up the firewall you used for Callen." Sam ordered.

Eric moved quickly nodding at Nell to help him shut all the systems down, as he went to turn off the main screen Callen's light blinked out.

Callen squinted as the trunk of the car opened and Kort looked down at him holding a gun.

"I would have sat in the back." Callen said as the light flooded his face.